Chapter Fifty One

The castle was roaming with people; the servants were up since six in the morning, cooking and setting up the wedding sight in the garden. Beatrice and Tobias chose a large garden space circled with rose bushes. The traditional wedding arch was being placed; along the sides, there were blue and pink roses entangled with the vines. The wood frame was white and a heart at the top was bolted in.

There were about fifty chairs, equally spread out on each side. At the end of each row of chairs was a large bow, perfectly centered. The grass had been freshly cut and watered that very morning, and they trimmed the trees to allow the perfect amount of sunshine. Of course, most of the light centered on the wedding arch, where the bride and groom would stand.

Everything was perfect, down to the last detail.

It had to be.

Tobias paced around his room. After finally getting a couple hours of sleep, he eagerly put on his suit and sat on the edge of his bed, waiting for Zeke and Uriah to arrive, Zeke being his best man. It was almost eleven-thirty, and the wedding was to happen at three in the afternoon.

Beatrice was still sitting in her carriage. She was in her pajamas, waiting impatiently to arrive at the castle so she could get ready. Her family, along with Christina and Susan, were around her as well, talking loudly about different things. Caleb and Susan were staring at each other, refusing to let go of each other's hands. Beatrice sighed at the sight, wishing Tobias could be holding her hands right now.

She was incredibly nervous. Not about marrying Tobias, because she was certain she was incredibly in love with him. No, she was nervous about becoming Princess - a dream she and Christina used to imagine when they were younger. 

At each gallop of the horse, they neared the castle, and her future became nearer and nearer.

Christina saw her best friend's uneasiness and took her hand. She smiled and placed the other one of her stomach, which was beginning to show her pregnancy. She hadn't yet told her mother, mainly because she knew if her mother found out she was expecting a child without being married her family would shun her. Beatrice looked down at Christina's stomach and almost whimpered. She looked away and heaved a deep breath, a new nervousness to think about; the Royal children she'd be carrying in her stomach.

"It's not that bad, you know," Christina whispered, knowing what Beatrice was suddenly worried about. "In fact, it's nothing like I expected."

Beatrice smiled at Christina's attempt to make her feel better. "You're only at the beginning, Chris. It's going to get bigger, and harder."

"Of course it is, but just think about what it's going to become. Take a deep breath; you've escaped an arranged marriage, and you fought hard to have Tobias escape his. You're marrying the person you're madly in love with. That's what counts."

"You're right, as usual."

"Like you didn't know. Besides, I wouldn't argue with a preg-"

"-pepperoni!" Beatrice interrupted loudly, causing those around her to look at her.

Natalie tilted her head. "Beatrice, dear, are you alright?"

Christina chuckled slightly and mouthed the words 'I'm sorry'. Beatrice nodded quickly and returned to her mother. "I'm fine, sorry Mother."

"Are you nervous?" Natalie pressed.

"I'm fine, Mother."

"You did just yell 'pepperoni' out of nowhere," Caleb said.

Beatrice crossed her arms. "It's my wedding day, stop pestering me."

"We can't help it, dear," Andrew spoke, taking out the newspaper he had grabbed on his way to the carriage. "That's what family does. We pester."