Chapter Fifty Nine

Tobias had lied awake all night; not because he was kept up, but because he didn't want to close his eyes out of fear this would be a dream. Things seemed so unbelievably surreal to him - almost too perfect.

Marcus, a man who had terrorized Beatrice's life, was locked away for good. He was isolated, unable to intervene in their lives.

Evelyn, someone who still gave her silent judgments and discreet remarks about her son's marriage to a servant, had finally escaped her past life to start a new one. She succeeded in leaving the castle that haunted her dreams, although selfish wants laced in her decision.

She had left her Tobias, her only child, to fend for himself as king of a kingdom he had little to no connection with. But even with all the stress he was supposed to feel, he couldn't help but smile because his duty as king seemed inferior compared to the great joy of being a husband and, soon, a father.

Beatrice had finally woken up. Her hand moved instinctively to her stomach, where she gave it a little rub before looking up and smiling at her husband. "You know staring at people while they sleep is creepy, right?"

Instead of responding, he dipped down and kissed her lips. "Yes, yes. I'm so incredibly creepy. Yet you married me."

She smiled. "That, I did."

Tobias deepened the kiss before. His hands cupped her face as their lips moved in sync. Her hand moved to the back of his head, pushing him down. One of his arms linked around her waist, pulling her closer. Things would have escalated had the sound of a knocking - no, pounding - interrupted them.

Beatrice smiled against his lips before pulling away. She stepped off the bed, groaning at the loud knocking on the door. She slipped in her silk robe and opened the door, only for her presence to be completely ignored and two boys barging inside the bedroom. She helped as she jumped backward, hitting a wall.

"Toby!" The two boys exclaimed as they ran over to him, jumping on the bed and lying beside him.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" Tobias asked, pushing his way and walking up to his wife. He discreetly asked if she was alright, to which point she laughed and shrugged it off.

"You're Zeke and Uriah, right?" She asked as she tightened the robe around her.

Zeke and Uriah looked at each other and laughed. They nodded their heads, both jumping off the bed and attacking Tobias. Beatrice giggled silently, watching the fun they were having.

"Be careful when you barge into bedrooms next time," Tobias said, pushing Uriah off of him.

"Tobias I'm fine," Beatrice assured him.

Zeke widened his eyes. "I'm so sorry, Beatrice. I didn't realize you were behind the doors."

"Then who else would have opened the door, pansy?" Uriah teased.

"Both of you, shut up. Now, as I was saying -" Tobias tried to continue but Zeke walked over to Beatrice and began roughly playing with her. She returned the favor, but Tobias had become filled with worry. "Stop, Zeke, you're going to hurt her."

"I'm not fragile, Tobias," Beatrice reminded.

"But you are pregnant," He blurted out.

Uriah looked at his brother, fairly confused. Zeke rolled his eyes and pushed him playfully. "What did you think happens when two people get married, dimwit?"

"I didn't expect them to move this fast."

"You're really dumb."

"Boys," Tobias spoke as if he were talking to toddlers. "Enough bickering."