Chapter Fifty Eight

Tobias didn't need a moment to think before he started barking for the servants to come in. Will took Christina in his arms as he ran to their bedroom. Beatrice took a deep breath and followed them, Tobias and the servants right behind her. They all entered the bedroom as Will placed Christina gently on the bed. She was screaming in pain, crying even.

Beatrice was mortified.

Tobias took his wife's hand and guided her outside. The doctor came rushing in and sat at the end of the bed. The servants carefully took off the wedding gown and placed towels under Christina. Will gripped tightly on his wife's hand as she began to push hard.

"Oh, my," Beatrice gawked outside. "Did you see how much pain she was in? I'm going to go through that! I don't want to do that - why isn't there something to make you feel numb? Nevermind that - labor looks so incredibly hard."

"I know that pushing a baby couldn't even compare to what you've done before," he pressed a kiss to her temple as a servant announced that she was permitted to reenter. "Go inside and be with your best friend."

Beatrice nodded and took a deep breath before pushing open the door. The shrilling cry erupting from Christina's throat made her hands shake. Beatrice stepped forward, standing behind Will. He was pursing his lips, but even she could see the tears in his eyes. Christina pushed again, screaming at the top of her lungs every time.

"You're almost there, Christina," The Doctor said reassuringly. "You just have to keep pushing."

"I'm trying!" She screamed at him.

"You're almost there, I can see the head. Two more pushes, count with me."

"One..." Christina muttered, pushing. "Two!" She pushed with all her force before collapsing on the bed, taking deep breaths.

The sound of the newborn baby crying rang in Beatrice's ears. She looked at the doctor taking the baby out and wrapping it with a towel. "It's a boy," he announced as he handed the small baby to his father. Will was overjoyed as he stroked the baby's small cheek, calming him down before handing him to his mother. Christina cried as she coddled her child, resting her forehead against his. "A boy," she smiled.

Beatrice admired and quietly excused herself. Tobias was standing outside and smiled when she walked out. He approached her, and instead of repealing him away, Beatrice threw her arms around him and pressed her face against his shoulder.

"They had a boy," she mumbled as she looked up into his eyes. "I've never seen something that made me want to have a baby so bad. I want to have a baby with you."

He smiled and gripped her face in his hands. "I'm so sorry, for even a moment, I doubted my desire to have a child with you. You're the love of my life - there's no other person in the entire universe that I'd ever want to share my life with."

She grinned, nodding. "No more fear of the past, Tobias," she stroked his cheek. "We only have our future to look forward to."

Tobias slowly let go of her face and pressed a hand against her stomach. "I can't believe we've created a baby in you," he looked at his wife and his admiration grew tenfold - a feeling he didn't even know was possible. 

She kissed him softly. "What do you think we'll have? A boy? He could play with Christina's son."

He shook his head and intertwined their fingers together. "No, we're going to have a little girl. And besides, we have so many years together to have more little babies," Tobias dipped down and passionately kissed his wife in the middle of the hallway. He moved one hand behind her head, pushing her closer. "I love you. I'm so in love with you."