Epilogue - 4

Epilogue Part Four
Arrival

"We've arrived, your majesties."

Kristine cringed at the coachman as he helped her out. She didn't want to be labeled as a "majesty" or a "highness" or a "princess". She hated being called those names already, and she had only heard one.

Beatrice was the last to exit the carriage. She looked up at the castle - the building she hadn't seen in fifteen years. It seemed so small to her now, so insignificant. She looked over at Tobias, who was already showing blatant signs that he was stressed.

"You need to calm down, honey," she said softly to her husband. "We couldn't escape forever, you know we would have had to come back sooner or later."

"Then why couldn't it have been later?" He mumbled. "I'm not fit to be king."

"Enough, Tobias. Let's go inside."

Kristine looked up in awe at the grandness of the castle. Her eyes darted everywhere once they entered the large doors - all the servants were running around, pacing, stressing...it made her head swim. She looked over at her brother, who seemed to be the only ecstatic one in the family that they had returned.

"Look how big it is, Kristine!" He exclaimed, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Imagine the library! It must be gigantic!"

"I can show you that if you'd like," a voice from behind spoke. The turned around and came face to Will, who wore a big smile on his face. "Nathaniel and Kristine, right?"

Before any of them could speak, Christina had begun running their way. She was preparing to take Beatrice into her arms, but stopped abruptly at the large stomach in between them.

"You're pregnant again?" She asked excitedly.

Beatrice smiled and placed a hand on her swollen stomach. "Our third."

The two of them began reminiscing, especially since they hadn't seen each other since all the children were four years old. Christina had stopped visiting, mainly because a new problem was going to threaten the Eaton family. Will would never reveal, but they were supposed to come back to the castle after five years of isolation to continue their lives the way they had left it, but an intruder broke into the castle searching for Tobias himself in the name of Marcus Eaton.

Ten years ago, people were still angry with the idea that Marcus was dead and Tobias was king. They felt he was unjust, and since the people believed the king was connected to God and ultimately their afterlife, Tobias was criticized for marrying a servant and ruining the Royal Blood.

Will smiled at his wife before turning towards Tobias. He bowed before him, looking up and clearing his throat. "It's nice to see you again, Tobias."

Tobias motioned for Will to stand straight with a movement of his hand. "You know you don't ever have to bow for me. If anything, I should be the one to do so. You're the one who deserves the respect of this kingdom. If only you were Royal."

"But I am honored with the position of Prime Minister. I will be forever grateful; this job has benefited the people of this kingdom and my family entirely."

"Speaking of such, when are we going to discuss my fifteen year absence? I need to be caught up on all the progress you have done, and the things we will now work on together."

Will nodded. "I've arranged for you to speak with the kingdom soon and announce that you will take back your position as King."

"Thank you, Will. That will be all for now. I imagine our rooms are the same?"