Chapter Sixty Three

Tobias' hand started to shake again. He dropped the gun on top of Marcus' dead body. He turned around, blood on his white shirt, and his breathing hitched suddenly.

Beatrice gripped on her father for support. Her emotions were spiraling out of control - she had just seen her husband kill her kidnapper. She didn't know if she had the right to be happy or to be afraid.

"Good job, son," surprisingly, the words have came from Evelyn. She gripped on her son's shoulders before pushing him into an embrace, rubbing his back. "He's gone now. You did that."

"I killed him," he whispered into his mother's ear. "I killed my father."

"He's not your father, baby," Evelyn cooed. "He's a horrible man. You helped rid the world of a sick man."

Tobias pushed away to look at his wife. Beatrice stared in fear at the blood on Tobias' shirt, and the stain it had reproduced on Evelyn's dress. Her eyes darted from the dead body to her husband. It was then where she saw the true meaning of what she had married into - what this Royal Family was really about.

The Royal Family was nothing but secrets, lies, and dirty people with blood on their hands.

And in this case, it was one of their own.

Andrew took his daughter and stared into her eyes. "We can leave. Right now. We'll leave this forsaken castle and we'll go back to the village. You'll have your baby there, and you'll marry Robert. He'll be the father of your child."

Beatrice gasped and pushed away. She gripped on the chair for support, clinging on her stomach. She looked up at Tobias, who was staring right at her. His eyes were full of hurt, and his hands wouldn't stop shaking.

"I'm not leaving him." Beatrice said loudly. 

Tobias sighed in relief, but he stayed where he was. He knew better than to test her boundaries, because even though she wasn't leaving him, it didn't mean she was ready to resume as if nothing had happened.

Because something major had happened.

Tobias had just shot Marcus, and Marcus was now dead.

What was supposed to be a great relief felt nothing more than a deep pain.

"We can't let anyone know about this." Julian said quietly as he walked to the doors and closed them shut. "Everyone in this room has to sign a confidentiality paper - no one is allowed to know what happened here."

"What do we do about the body?" Caleb asked, his voice slightly shaking.

"We'll return him to his cell, and in the morning when the guard finds him, we rule it out as inconclusive. None of us will be linked to this." Julian explained. "I'll make the legal papers after we deal with Marcus, but no one leaves this castle until I say so."

Caleb and Julian huddled over Marcus, wrapping him in the carpet he was currently lying under. They rolled him into it and carried it outside. Unfortunately, as they were leaving, Christina had just walked in. She gasped loudly and quickly covered her mouth. Her eyes darted all over the room, especially to the blood on the floor and on Tobias' shirt. She looked at Beatrice for some kind of explanation, but she gave none.

"Are you okay?" Christina asked, her voice shaking. She tried as hard as she could to refrain her hands from shaking as she comforted her best friend. By the look on Tobias' face - one full of guilt - she could only speculate what had happened.

"Where's Aaron?" Beatrice asked, trying to divert her mind. "Is he okay?"

"He's fine. He's asleep, and I asked one of the other servants to watch over him in the nursery until I come back. He can barely fit in that bassinet, so I'm kind of hoping he'll wake up so I can move him into the crib.." She cleared her throat when she realized she was rambling to prevent her mind from returning to reality. "That doesn't matter right now. Are you okay?"