1

3 Years Before, Central City

"Arigato Sensei!" I say as I bow down in my Karate gi as a black belt wraps around my waist.

"I've taught you everything that you need to know Kibo." Sensei says as he starts to dismiss me. "Drake, you've always had anger in you. I saw it from the start and how out of control it was. Now as I stare at you. The name I gave you truly reflects on how you have controlled that anger and used it as strength." Sensei says and of course he says that. He named Kibo for a reason, it means Hope in Japanese.

"Thank you Sensei." I say as I dismiss myself too. Sensei smiles at me lightly and we both walk out of the Dojo to be greeted by the sweet city.

"It's a quiet night tonight don't you think Sensei." I say as I wait for my mother to come and pick me up.

"Central City is ironically never quiet. Crime still reeks around here." He says with a small smile and looks over at me. "Thankfully this isn't Starling where we have guys in hoods running around with bows and arrows."

"You must mean Arsenal and Arrow?" I mention to him and he smiles.

"Yes those legends." He says as I smile lightly also. My father and sister still live in Starling and its a miracle on how they still managed to live there after all of that mess. "Is your mother coming to pick you up?" He says and I shrug lightly checking my phone. Late as always mother, classic.

"Hand it over lady." I hear a man yell and I look over my shoulder to spy a man stealing a woman's purse.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" I yell at the man and I run towards him but as I do, I hear a giant explosion. It then sends out a huge yellow shock-wave from the blast as it roams around the city. I look over at my sensei as I get worried about him and scream his name as it comes closer to us.

"Senseiiiiiiii!" I scream and as the shock wave hits me, I hear my own scream turn into something violent. "Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeee."