25

BIG BELLY BURGER
Drake Lance

"You know when you said you wanted to go out I didn't expect us to go to Big Belly Burgers." I tease Adrian as I sit across from him at a booth with a view of Laurel's Black Canary statue. I smile at Adrian and he smiles back at me chuckling softly.

"Well you haven't been in town in awhile and I doubt they have Big Belly Burger in London?" He says as our waitress walks towards us with our burgers. She smiles at both of us and Adrian smiles back kindly as I do too.

The waitress lays our burgers in front of us knowing our order and then leaves. I stare at the Burger as it looks delicious and then I see a flash of light from Adrian's way.

I quickly look up and realize it's him taking a photo of me. I smile at him as he takes another one and we both smile back at each other. He's so loving and so compassionate.

We then ignore each other and start eating. The burger tastes delicious and I've never had anything like it before while traveling around the world. Nothing ever compares to Big Belly's burgers.

"So what it's like to travel around the world as a singer?" Adrian brings up my career and I smile lightly.

"It's fun. It's really nice to see my supporters and people that believe in the same thing that I believe in." I say and as I do Adrian listens. This is the first time someone has asked me about my trip, not even Ollie brought it up. Clearly I know where his priorities are and I'm not on that list.

"What made you wanna go?" Adrian says and I look out the window and stare at Laurel's statue. Adrian also stares at the statue as he gets the hint as I answer his questions by looking at Laurel's Black Canary statue.

"She always believed in me." I say and look back at Adrian as he continues to stare at the statue.

"What was she like?" Adrian asks as he cares unlike Ollie. Ollie never bothered, never even brought her up since her death other than that she would want me to continue her legacy.

"She was amazing, I loved her in every way a person possibly could." I tell Adrian as he smiles. "She was my world, and now that she's gone I-" I say not knowing how to explain my true emotions.

"You what?" He asks me and as he does I start to think that maybe my meta human ability separates me from everyone.

"I feel like I don't belong in the world." I say as I stare at the regular people knowing my ability. I never felt this way but maybe it's why Ollie has cut me off. It can't be.

"She was your world and you lost her... I know how that feels." He says being sad and I raise an eyebrow confused.

"What happened?" I ask wanting to know and he chuckles nervously.

"That's a story for another time but it involves The Green Arrow." He says as he stares back at me seriously. "He was responsible for my friend's death, just like he was for... Laurel." He says and I'm confused as to where he's coming from and as he does I get serious. "I mean don't you think it was his fault? He brought Laurel into it, he's responsible for her." Adrian says and he's starting to sound right. He's the darkness in my head and finally somebody agrees.

"She always deserved so much better." I say knowing that she took so much crap from Ollie. I'd never let Ollie talk to me that way, and I never will let him.

I sigh knowing that it's a difficult conversation for myself and Adrian understands. I stare out the window again and see Laurel's statue shining and then, The Green Arrow standing by the statue.