4

STAR CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT

I head into the office for the interview and see a white man dressed formally with a shirt, a tie and slacks. As I walk in I noticed that I am under dressed for this. I couldn't find my shirt and slacks and had to go with white shirt and black jeans.

"Hi good morning. How are you today?" The interviewer asks me and shakes my hand as I smile lightly.

"I'm good how about you." I say as I continue to shake the interviewer's hand.

"That's a tight grip you got there son." The interviewer says and I let go. "So, lets get started." The interviewer says and opens up my file. "Drake Lance?"

"Yeah that's me."

"Your father is the Captain am I correct." He says starring at me and I nod as he hides his folder of me away from my face. "You have a record of getting into trouble. Mind explaining that." He gazes at me dirty and I was worried that he might've brought all the bar fights that I've been getting into to save a woman.

"I wanted to save someone innocent." I answer with respect and the interviewer raises his eyebrows. He closes the file and looks at me.

"Listen kid, this isn't the place for you."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what I said. Star City already has enough bad cops working around here and we don't need another." He says starting to assume me from some criminal record. "I'd say go apply somewhere else. I hear Central city has problems there with what do they call it?"

"- metas." I say as I sigh lowly and we both get up from the table. The interviewer opens the door for me and dismisses me. As he dismisses me another person goes in and I see dad standing in the end of the hall waiting for me.

"How was it?" He asks me with a smile and I feel as if I was disappointing him right now.

"It was fine." I say as I fake a smile. "They denied me."

"What? Why?!" Dad says angry and aggressive but I hold them back. "That doesn't make sense, you're my son!"

"Dad, it doesn't matter. They said this wasn't the place for me anyways." I say and I walk away from him and he follows me from behind.

"Hey Drake, don't be upset over it. We'll figure it out. I know some guys that Laurel used to be friends with and maybe they can help you get a job as a secretary there for the District Attorney's!" Dad says trying to cheer me up. "When one door closes, another one opens!" He says and I smile lightly.

"Thanks dad." I say and hug him tightly. Suddenly I see group of SWAT team members walk around us and I get suspicious. "I thought this precinct doesn't have a SWAT team?" I say paranoid to dad as we stare at them walk pass with heavy loaded guns. They all examine the room and then lift their guns up.

"Hey what are you doing here!" A police officer yells out loud to the SWAT team and then one of them raises a pistol to the police officer and shoots him right in the gut.

Everyone in the precinct starts to freak out and me and dad get on the floor. Dad takes his gun out aiming at the SWAT team and shoots but misses. They all split up roaming around the precinct and the power goes out meaning we're in lockdown.

Dad curses under his breath and tries to call someone on his phone. Suddenly I hear a click of a gun behind his head and I turn around quickly raising my hands.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Captain Lance." One of the mercenaries disguised as SWATS speaks to dad. Dad drops his phone and puts his hands to his ears. I get an idea and suck in the air I'm about to let out.

"Dad cover your ears." I say and Dad raises an eyebrow but covers his ears and I take a deep breath and let it out.

"SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE." I scream at the mercenary and he flies towards a wall. Dad looks at the mercenary laying on the floor and looks back at me.

"I would ask 'How the hell you did that' but this family is full of surprises." Dad tells me with a proud smirk on his face. "Go stop the SWATS I'll call backup." Dad says and I nod and then as I get up, I run towards the passed out mercenary. I look through the belt for a gun and take it as my third weapon. My primary weapon is my fist and my secondary is my scream.

I run through the halls searching for the SWAT team until I overhear them speak. I notice they're in the file room searching for something. There is 2 of them in there and I see a mercenary notice me and I quickly grab him and throw him into the room. I throw him against another mercenary, the other mercenary comes towards me with a riffle and quickly push the riffle towards the mercenary's face and punch him in the stomach. The two mercenaries quickly start to rise up and I wrap my arm around the mercenary's face as a pole and run against the wall and kick the two mercenaries in the face and I get down on the floor and the mercenary I used as a pole slams down to the ground.

I walk out of the file room and look around the hall for more mercenaries until I hear a click behind me. "Get down-." He says and I quickly turn around going for an attack until I hear the sound of a bow string and the mercenary falls to the ground. As the mercenary falls I see the mythical Green Arrow.

"I had him." I tell him as he puts his bow down.

"No you didn't." Green Arrow says and he walks towards me. As he does I start to realize things about him. He's just as tall as Ollie and has the same chin. Can't be a coincidence. "We need to find the other HIVE soldiers."

"What are they doing here?" I ask him and he stops right next to me.

"That's what I am here to find out." He says in a grumpy voice and he walks in front of me. I follow him and as I do the power comes back on. I hear something chatter, like a voice coming from the Green Arrow and it must be his communicator. "They left." He says and I turn my back on him to look around and see nobody there but an empty hall.

"You must've scared them off." I say nand I turn back around to look at the Green Arrow and he's gone like the wind. "Classic."