17

STAR CITY MUSEUM
Drake Lance

Mario stands there shocked and I do too. "Don't move." I hear a voice from behind me and turn around to see another goon holding a gun to us.

Mario holds me back and stands there acting confused. "Okay..." He says pausing raising his hand in the air slowly and then quickly head buts the guy by the exit door and Mario quickly protects me. "Stand back!" He yells at me and I quickly hear the click of a gun and a gun shot from the guy who stood behind me.

As the bullet travels through the air, time slows down for me and I quickly screech the canary cry and the bullet flies back to the shooter. This leaves me with only two goons to take down.

"Or maybe not." Mario says confused as everyone else is amazed by me. Mario stares at me as if he should be worried but I give him a small smirk.

"He has a meta human body guard. Cute." One of the goons yell and they raise their guns back up in the air and I quickly grab my kunai and throw it at the shooter's shoulder as he is now useless with his gun.

I quickly run to the same man and throw him to the other shooter and as I do, I scream throwing them far away. All the men are taken down and Mario looks at me amazed.

"Is there anything else you wanna show me?" He asks me trying to be charming and I ignore him as my identity is being compromised by the minute. Mario although still trusts me as he grabs ahold of my hand and takes me through the back door exit.

As we walk through the alleyway a black SUV pulls up in front of us and Mario opens the door and pushes me in. He then hops in and we drive off to wherever he takes me.

Mario gets on his phone and makes phone calls asking to meet up at the docks and load up the containers as the Bertinellis will be there to destroy the shipments.

_________________________
STAR CITY DOCKS

"What are we doing here?" I ask him as the SUV stops in front of containers on containers. Mario doesn't look at me and grabs my hand dragging me out of the car again.

"Don't hate me." He says and I raise an eyebrow confused at him. I ignore it and I follow him as we walk around the docks and as I follow him we find a big crowd of Falcone's gang members. Mario is the leader of this part of the gang.

"What happened?" I see one of the other men speak as he stands smoking a cigar.

"One of Bertinelli's men found me." Mario says and all the gang members look at me.

"Who's he?"

"He saved my ass back there." Mario says looking at me and I know he's going to hate me when I take him and his gang down after I find out what he's been importing. "You have the shipments transferred already?" Mario asks the same guy as he looks back at him and I look around to see a container being opened by one of Mario's goons.

"Yeah, this one right here is the last of em'. Then they're being shipped out to Blüdhaven and into Gotham where your father is at." The man says and I continue starring at the container being opened and as it's opened it's nothing but darkness.

"What's in the containers?" I ask Mario as I continue to stare at them. Mario's goons go in and then come back out with women chained together as they're covered in dirt and their own feces. As I look at them I feel my gut twist and the anger inside me rages.

I then look back at him in anger compromising my identity. "It's business." Mario says and I shake my head disgusted by him and push him off of me.