13

STAR CITY NIGHT CLUB
Drake Lance

I walk back up on the stage and see the crowd roaring my stage name. It's nice to be back up here. The crowd always makes me feel so relaxed and at home now.

"BLACK CANARY." I hear the crowd yelling out my stage name and I wink at one of my fans that hold a sign with my name.

It's been about 2 weeks from my recovery and Ollie has given me the streets to me to handle. The Green Arrow is busy with HIVE stuff with Darhk trying to nuke the world and only keeping certain people behind to survive. Ollie can handle that fight, I know he can.

I grab the microphone stand and bring it up close to me as I wear an oversized blue denim jacket, white denim hat, and all black underneath the jacket. The blue and purple stage lights hit my face to begin my performance.

NOT AFRAID ANYMORE BY HALSEY

"I am not afraid anymore." I sing as the beat starts to rise from my band crew. I continue singing my lyrics and dance around the stage and having fun with the crowd as they respect me now. I hear the cameras clicking as photos of me are being taken of me and I pose casually continuing my singing.

 I hear the cameras clicking as photos of me are being taken of me and I pose casually continuing my singing

I finish singing the song and I look around to see a man starring me down from across the room. He has hungry eyes, and I realize he is in the VIP section of the club with a crowd of buff men dressed in suits with slick back hair.

I leave the stage and walk into backstage to see two of the same dressed men from the VIP section waiting for me. I ignore them and take a gulp of my water not giving a care in the world until they walk closer to me.

I look at them meanly as they should fear me knowing what I'm capable of doing. These men seem suspicious. I close my water cap tightly and throw it at the garbage as it's completely empty.

"Mario Falcone wants to see you." One of the men say and I raise an eyebrow knowing that the last name sounds very familiar. I walk towards them and they nod. "Follow us." The man says and I follow them both through the crowd of the club.

I nervously look around and try to remember where I heard that last name from

I nervously look around and try to remember where I heard that last name from. But as I do try to remember I see David without his uniform in the crowd starring me down trying to grab my attention. I give him my hand, gesturing him to wait and he nods confused.

I finally am led into the VIP section were I see the group of same men with the suites sitting down. One of the men sits alone starring me down as he smokes a cigarette, the same one with the hungry eyes.

He has tan skin, black slick back hair, and he's a young hunk. Same age as me and he has piercing grey eyes like a bullet. He gestures for me to come close to him like a pet and I raise an eyebrow and cross my arm.

"Not to confuse you, but I'm a singer not a lap dancer." I say rudely and one of his body guards that led me here push me into him. I quickly turn around and grab the body guard's arm and hold it where I can break it. "Watch it."

"Settle down little black bird." I hear from the hungry eye man and I let go of the man's arm. As I do the man groans loudly and I turn around to look at the man. "My name is Mario Falcone." He says standing up from the couch and walks towards me and burns out his cigarette on an ash tray.

"Why does that name sound so familiar?" I say and he chuckles as I smile lightly trying to be charming now from my intimidating appearance with the guard.

"My family is an infamous Mafia back in Gotham." Mario says as he stares at me and I raise an eyebrow confused as to why he speaks to me, neither invited me here.

"What brings your gang here into Star City?"

"It's always nice to expand the family business." He says hinting that maybe he's getting shipments from the west coast now and not from the east coast where Gotham is. "Truth is, I heard about you and you my love have a beautiful voice." He says trying to charm me down but I'm beyond from being charmed from a mafia man. My only question is what does he want from me. Love? No.

"You're not the first to say so." I say being flirty back trying to infiltrate possible. This is what Ollie exactly wanted me to do, stop the bad guys on our streets.

"You're cute. I love it." He says and I wink at him. Suddenly his phone buzzes and he checks it out by answering it. "Well pretty bird, I guess I'll have to see you around town." He says as his mood changes from charming and flirty to a serious man.

"Don't count on it too hard." I say and he smiles lightly and walks off with his gang out of the VIP section. I follow along and as I do I watch them leave and I feel a tug on my shoulder as I'm pulled.

I quickly turn around and grab the person's wrist to only realize it's David. I look at him strangely and let go of his wrist and stare at him like a normal human being.

"What are you doing?" He says seriously to me and I've never seen him like this. Usually he's always the flirty man but now he's being protective.

"I thought you were-" I say confused starring at him very unknown of my surroundings.

"No! What are you doing with the Falcone family?" He says being more in depth with his question and I raise an eyebrow.

"They invited me over to talk. What's wrong?" I ask him and I grab his hand to comfort him.

"Drake. They're the most dangerous Mafia in Gotham that GCPD has been trying to shut down. Hell, probably that Bat in town has trouble trying to either." He says being worried.

"What do you think they're here in Star City for then?"

"To cause more trouble. Maybe they're getting shipments in from this coast now." He says being the cop man he is, the same one I fell for when I met him. "SCPD has had men lost due to this. Dozen of innocent police officers dead, and they already have corrupted the department with bad cops... Look Drake I don't want you seeing those guys only for your own good. You understand that?" He says telling me off and I raise an eyebrow confused at him.

"I can help you." I tell him as I grab his shoulder as he tries to move away from me. "I came to save this city." I say hinting that Mario Falcone is now my target to stop. "And that's exactly what I'm going to do."

"I can't let you do that." He says trying to protect me and I shake my head softly.

"What I do is not up to you

"What I do is not up to you." I say letting go of him as I stare at him and he stares at me worried. I then let go of him and disappear with the crowd as he tries to look for me.