2

Present Day, Starling City Graveyard

"Oh Quentin. I never thought we'd be back here again." My mom speaks to dad as she wraps herself around his arm and walk together. I walk a couple of feet in front of them as I stare at the mahogany casket.

"Me neither, as if we weren't punished enough the first time." Dad speaks to her and continue to walk towards me as I stop and get a good view of her grave.

I never really got much time with Laurel. It was only when mom took me to Starling and drop me off for awhile so that dad could spend time with me. I also got to spend time with Laurel but it wasn't the same. She was always out at nights and coming back with bruises.

Whatever she was doing, I respected it.

"At least for awhile, and then Sara came back to us." Mom says as she starts to gain hope for Laurel's return. Except Sara was on a boat and wasn't killed in a prison riot.

"I don't think it's gonna happen like that this time." Dad tells mom and mom shivers in sadness.

"How could you say that? Our children always come back to us Quentin." She says mentioning Sara's multiple deaths.

"Maybe before but not this time." Dad says to her. "I'm sorry Dinah, but she's gone." Dad then walks towards me and wraps his arms around me and I lay my head on his shoulder for comfort.

"Mr. Queen has requested to say a few words." The priest says and looks over at Ollie. Ollie looks over at my family and sees me and he smiles lightly.

Ollie walks towards Laurel's casket and stands there. "I knew Laurel Lance, her entire life." Ollie says and stands there as he looks around the crowd of Laurel's friends. "She was my friend and I loved her, before she died, I was lucky enough to hear her say that she loved me too. "Laurel Lance became a lawyer to help people who may have appeared to be helpless. She wanted to give a voice to the silent. Just being a lawyer wasn't enough, she wanted to do more for those people, and and for this city. She loved this city so much. By now everyone knows that Laurel was killed in the iron heights prison riot and while it's true that she was an assistant district attorney, that is not what she was doing there that night." He says and takes a deep breath.

"Laurel Lance was The Black Canary." Ollie says revealing the truth and I raise an eyebrow while everyone in the crowd looks at each other. Some don't even and continue to stand proud of her with pride. Mom gasps and looks directly at Ollie while dad cries. "And for the past few days, I have had to sit and listen to people paint The Black Canary as a criminal and she was not a criminal. She was a hero, she was a hero in every way a person can be. And if Laurel were here, I know that she would expect all of us to live up to the example that she set. She would want us to save our city." Ollie says as he looks directly at me, gazing into my soul as if he know what I could do. I haven't even told anyone, this secret is all mine.

Ollie finishes his eulogy and the funeral finishes as her casket goes down to her grave

Ollie finishes his eulogy and the funeral finishes as her casket goes down to her grave. As the funeral goes on, Ollie is right about something. It's always been in the Lance siblings to become the Canaries. All 3 of us love the Canaries and while Sara has become The White Canary, and Laurel being The Black Canary, then why can't I take on that mantle?

If Laurel were here and knew what I could do she would want me to use my meta human ability to save this city.

I'll be the Justice that makes a criminal deaf.