18

COFFEE SHOP
Drake Lance

I walk into the coffee shop opening the glass door and as I do the coffee smell hits me in the face. I breathe it in and then walk in completely shutting the door behind me.

I look around the tables of the coffee shop and see David munching down a sandwich with a coffee mug. I stare at him and he stares back at me with a smile. I smile back at him too as it's been awhile since I saw, since he warned me off from Mario. But he knows, I can handle myself.

David invited me here this morning since he wanted to talk. He texted me after I saved those women saying he wanted to see me whenever I had the time. Seeing him here today is nice.

I walk towards David and sit down with him in the table he was sitting alone in. I smile at him as he smiles back at me.

"Hey." He says smiling putting the sandwich down and I smile.

"It's been awhile." I say being sarcastic as he knows about me being Black Canary.

"Feels like I just saw you last night." He says and smiles. "I'm proud of you Drake. But most of all- I'm sorry." He says feeling guilty and he brushes his hair with his fingers nervous.

"For what?" I ask him confused as he shouldn't be sorry. It's okay, he didn't know about me. I couldn't have blamed him.

"For underestimating you-"

"David it's okay." I interrupt him and smile as he smiles too with joy.

"You're amazing, you really are. I've never met someone like you." He says and as he does I feel good about myself. "I'm just shocked. I never really expected you to do things like this." He says and I chuckle and brush my hair with my fingers."Drake Lance, you are amazing in every way and I hope that one day someone else will come into your life and love you for it." He says and as he does I look at him confused as to what he is talking about.

"What do you mean someone else?" I ask starring at him not wanting to end it with him. He's so perfect, and I couldn't imagine what I would do without him. We haven't been together that much, and I was hoping that maybe after Falcone, we could be together more often.

"I'm proud of you Drake, for saving those women from Falcone. I was in charge of stopping Falcone and I failed trying to stop them myself." He says licking his lips disappointed at himself and I reach my hand to his hands to hold them.

"You're a hero too David. Just like me, we helped those women. Yes, you didn't fight but you brought them back to their feet and brought them back to their normal lives." I say and he smiles and nods his head agreeing.