14

GROCERY STORE
Drake Lance

I walk around pushing my cart of food around the grocery store. I don't think about much and just mind my own business to figure out what I'm going to eat for the week. Especially for the nights I'll be out protecting this city.

As I enter the isle of cereal I look at all the different brands and decide what cereal I'll take with me home.

"If it isn't the singing Canary." I hear a familiar voice and I turn to where the voice comes from and see the same man from last night. Mario Falcone. I look at him and smile lightly going to get in the gang through him and infiltrate from within to see what Falcone's family is doing here.

"Your one and only." I say as he walks towards me and he smiles. As he walks towards me I see two big men not far from behind him as his body guards. "You following me?" I tease him and he raises an eyebrow laughing.

Rumor has it that Falcone is shipping in women in containment boxes. He's sex trafficking from the west coast now. If he is, the last thing he'll hear is me sing Canary.

"Would it be following if I know you?" He says admitting to it and I smile lightly and embarrassed. I fix my hair flirty and look away acting like the vulnerable and weak Drake Lance I am supposed to be.

I the feel his hands slide underneath my chin and he brings it up and stares at me. His eyes look at mine and he smirks softly. "You have the most beautiful eyes." He says and I smirk and now pretend to act hard to get again.

"Not the first one either to tell me." I say and look at the cereal boxes and grab one. I throw a cereal box into my cart and call it a day.

"You're hard to impress aren't you?" He says and I teasingly shrug at him.

"Or maybe you don't know me that well." I say putting things into his head so that it would sound like his idea if he ever wanted to bring me into the gang and show me around.

"How about over a date?" Mario says and my plan worked as expected. "Truth is I followed you here to invite you into a fancy auction party of historic relics as my date. It's going to be boring but if you came along, maybe it wouldn't be." He says being nervous but also very confident. "We can chat about the relics together if you're into that stuff too."

"That sounds nice." I say and he smiles and he raises an eyebrow and hands over his hand as a gesture that I take his hand.

"So what do you say? Will my favorite canary join me?" He says being sweet to me and I laugh pretending to be amused by him.

"Fine." I take his hand and he smiles as he drags me close to him. Our chest touch and I can smell his sweet lovely cologne. How much did he pay for it? He then slides a card through the gap of our chest and raises an eyebrow wanting me to take it.

"Wear something hot. See you there Canary." He says as I grab the card and stare at him as if I've become completely in love with him. He then backs away charmingly and winks and I gasp at him pretending to be in love. He then completely leaves and I go back to being the serious person I am realizing I'm gonna need some weapons, and a suit.

"Oh Felicity, i'm gonna owe you a big one." I whisper to myself knowing it won't be cheap neither easy to sneak the amount of weapons I want with me into a party, especially one held by one of the biggest Mafia families. "David on the other hand is gonna owe Black Canary a big one." I say and chuckle at myself realizing I haven't heard from him in awhile.