19

HUB CITY UNDERGROUND CASINO
Drake Lance

Ollie and I walk around together in tuxedos at the casino searching for this witch that Ollie was sent to find from some other witch friend. Nothing makes sense anymore nowadays. As Ollie's eyes gaze around the room mine do too as I catch people playing black jack and many other games.

Ollie leads me into the casino room and I see a TV screen playing the news as it catches my attention. As I watch the news I see a reporter in Metropolis speaking about a woman. The news then plays a clip of Wonder Woman and Superman fighting side by side taking down another meta human. I continue to watch the clip and Superman is taken down but Wonder Woman moves swiftly with the golden rope and her sword taking this pyromaniac meta. I wish to be like her, to be as good as fighting as her.

"Drake there she is." Ollie says grabbing my hand as he distracts me from the news and I turn my head to see a woman walking towards us. As she walks towards us she gives us a charming smile and I stand by Ollie feeling suspicious.

"You must be Oliver Queen, Constantine told me about your arrival tonight." The woman says as her accent is thick with a Spanish accent.

"I'm here to learn." Ollie says and she chuckles impressed by him as I watch her every move.

"Shouldn't we be on some mountain top? Like in the movies?" I ask being serious as I'm concerned that this woman could only be putting me and Ollie's life in endanger. She could be working for Darhk for all we know.

"Has someone ever told you that you're a bit too paranoid?" The woman says to me pulling on my strings.

"Not to my face. Why you hear something?" I ask teasing her and she chuckles.

"I like you." She tells me and I make a small smirk amused by her. "This way." The woman says and walks towards me and Ollie breaking us apart and walking to another part of the casino.

"You plan on teaching me magic in the back of the casino?" Ollie says confused as well and the lady turns around starring at us as she stops by a door.

"You want to learn the way Mr.Queen? We can not do that here." She says and then opens the door and we follow her as we walk through the hanging beads in the doorway. This suddenly leads us to a new setting.

"Wow." I say impressed as I walk into a tomb with candles lit up around the room. "Where are all the other casinos like this?"

"We've left the casino behind mi amor, and that dimension." She says as I look around and then turn around to see her dressed in a different outfit. I then look at myself too and realize I'm dressed in my all black Black Canary costume without the mask. I then look at Ollie and see he's the only one that has kept his clothes on from changing.

"I've seen a chamber just like this before on an island called Lian Yu." Ollie says and the woman nods.

"Lian yu is a place of nexus, just like your home."

"Star City?" I ask starring at her and she nods.

"I can be here all day talking about why Darhk chose that place." She says and then her arm points out the token that sits in the middle of the chamber. "Recognize this?" She asks Ollie as I have no idea what it could ever be.

"Darhk has the same one" Ollie says and I stare at the token.

"Let me guess, it gives him his power?"

"No, it only channels his power, Darhk's power comes from-" The witch says until she is interrupted by Ollie.

"Death." Ollie finishes the sentence of the witch and I stare at him. "The more people he kills the more powerful he gets." Ollie says explaining it to me.