39

STAR CITY
Drake Lance

The skies are grey and it's been time since the peace has begun. Star City is safe again, no more crimes, no one to stop. The city is oddly quiet and it's surprising to me. It's exactly what he wanted to accomplish, and he did. He just didn't get enough time to see it happen.

I stand in the middle of the crowd of civilians as we hear my father speak to the city. I watch him and as he speaks he looks down at me with a smile. "A couple days ago we lost the Green Arrow, not only that but we lost the man that cared most of this city." He says pausing trying to hold back like I have been ever since I lost Ollie. "We lost Oliver Queen. He sacrificed his own life to save us all as he fought along with Green Arrow and Black Canary." Dad says and everyone cheers as dad looks at me in the crowd.

"The throwing star killer has been stopped and all crime in Star City has lowered by 80% since then." Dad says and the crowd cheers and I smile lightly. I then turn around as I'm done hearing the speech and decide to take a walk. I walk through the crowds of cheering and parading civilians as they kiss and love each other.

I look at each and everyone of them admiring their love as I wish I could have that. I walk through the crowd into a more depressing crowd. I walk through the crowd and see a shrine of the cops that were lost over the years as they are now being remembered for their heroic actions. I look at every picture of them until I run into a picture of someone else. Not a cop.

I look at the photo and see Ollie as it's his mayor photo. I stare at him and I remember all the memories and all the times we had. He made me, he saved the day. I lay my hand on the photo of Ollie and caress it like it was him but it's not.

Note to self: I love you does not mean I won't leave you

I smile at the photo with tears running through my eyes and then turn back away walking into the cheering crowd. I stand in the middle of the crowd and take a deep heavy breath as I look up into the gloomy skies. The heavens.

I close my eyes and imagine Ollie as he'll always be with me. He'll always be in my heart everywhere I go now. He taught me that love can save the world.

 He taught me that love can save the world