8

Star City Night Club
Drake Lance

I start getting ready backstage as I start drinking bottles of water to get my throat and vocal cords ready for tonight. As I stare into the party crowd I start to think about my own future. If all goes well, I'll be looking at a career as a singer and have my own EP soon.

Because tonight is my first appearance, I wanted to make it iconic so I'm dressed up in all black: Black distressed Skinny jeans with black fishnet stockings underneath, black shirt, and a black leather jacket.

"Drake." I hear Ollie's voice coming from behind me and I turn around and stare at him as he holds a bouquet of flowers. I haven't seen him in awhile and it's shocking to see him here.

"Ollie." I say with a small smile as I stare at him and he continues to walk. I didn't even think anyone would show up and seeing him here makes me glad he did. I walk up to him and jump into his arms.

Ollie gladly hugs me and then let's go of me. "How did you know I was going to be here tonight?" I ask him and he raises an eyebrow.

"I heard about it around the streets." He says with a small smile and then hands me some flowers. "This is for you." He says and I grab the flowers and smell them as they smell nice and sweet.

"Thanks." I say and smile as we stare at each other awkwardly. "So how is the whole Damien Darhk thing going on?" I ask him to start up a conversation.

"It be nice if you joined in the fight." He says still wanting me in.

"I know how much it means to Laurel, but I'm not quite sure if it's what I really want to do." I tell him and he nods his head. "As much as I want to, I just don't think I should."

"Why do you think you shouldn't?" Ollie asks me as he gets closer to me.

"Because I'm not Laurel." I tell him. "I'm not the light that she was. I've seen and done so many things these last 3 years and taking her place, her shoes... it's the last thing I want to do to disrespect her."

"Drake." He says starring at me with a small smile. "I've never met someone so brave and bold in my life and that's a lot coming from me. You don't have to be the light that Laurel was, and if you think being the Black Canary is supposed to be like Laurel you're wrong. The Black Canary mantle has been passed on from Sara, an assassin, to Laurel, a badass D.A, and now to you, a kicking and screaming singer." He says and he's making a point. I can be Black Canary. A new Black Canary.

"Thanks Ollie." I say to him as I hug him tightly. Ollie's big arms wrap around me and hug me tighter than anything.

"Black Canary! They're ready for you." A man with a headset yells at me and I let go of Ollie. Ollie raises an eyebrow really confused at me.

"Black Canary?"

"I know Laurel wanted me to street fight for her, but I know she always wanted me to be a singer. So I decided to be Black Canary in that way." I say and turn to stare at the stage. "For Laurel." I say and I walk towards the pitch black stage.

I stand by the microphone stand and the purple lights I wanted start to light the stage up.

GREEN LIGHT BY LORDE