33

PROMETHEUS HIDEOUT
Oliver

I feel my body being dragged against a cold metal floor as I've been intoxicated with a chemical. I feel people drag me by the biceps and I try to remember how I got here. I tried to take down Adrian and instead it was a trap.

"Oh Oliver, I thought you were smarter!" I hear Adrian's voice echo through my head as I then hear a loud ringing. I try to open my eyes but as I do my eyes become sensitive to the bright lights. "We are going to have so much fun!" Adrian says and I hear him start laughing.

I close my eyes and try to relax to try and release the toxins through my sweat as a technique I learned on the island. I start to feel less nauseous and I hear a metal door open and I'm thrown into a cold black room. I then get up as I start to feel normal and start to regain my body's control.

I rise up from the ground and look around to see a small little window looking out to train tracks. I know where I am. I start to think of ways to get out but I shouldn't. I need to find Drake. He has to be here.

I then see Adrian walk back with a soldier on his side as they carry a body. I look at the tan body and then Adrian opens the door and the soldier throws the tan blood soaked body to the floor. The soldier walks away and Adrian sticks as I watch the blood body starts to move and cough.

"You know its true what they say about male canaries. Their cries sound better." Adrian says and chuckles and I crawl to the body and turn the body towards me.

"Drake!" I gasp and then hold him to comfort him to try and save him but I know it won't do anything. He needs medical attention. I look at Drake as he does not speak, not even a reaction to me. He's dying. I feel his pulse beating slowly and he's dying, slowly and painful.

"He has a couple of hours till he's dead. He hasn't eaten since I took him from you." He says and as he talks all I think about is the amount of pain Drake must've taken. He's dying because of me. "You did this to him Oliver. Like I said, everyone's lives you touch, die. Poor birdie, he really did have a bright future ahead of him." He says as he mocks me and Drake and I want to kill Adrian for this. That's what he wants me to do, to prove myself that I'm a killer to him. That's not me anymore. I look down at Drake and see his body with bruises and blood dripping down to the floor.

"What do you want from Adrian?" I ask Adrian as I stare at him in rage.

"I'll let you figure that out while I go get my toys." Adrian says and disappears into the darkness. I wait for Adrian to return but as he's gone I try to clean Drake up with my hands.

"I'm sorry." I tell Drake as he's dying in my arms. Not again, not another Lance in my arms. "I brought you into this and I'm so sorry. I ruined your life. I destroyed your relationship with David, I broke your heart, and now I'm killing you." I tell Drake as I clean his hair off his head. Drake doesn't need me. Maybe I'm destroying everyone's lives like Adrian said.

"No." I hear Drake whisper under his breath trying to pronounce more. Drake moves around slowly and rises up from the ground groaning and I try to help him but he pushes me back. He's strong. "I'm alright." Drake says in anger as he presses his hand against his rib cage as a sign of pain.

"He hurt you?" I ask him and Drake looks at me in anger as he's lost it. This isn't Drake but something darker. I grab his arm to calm him down and Drake looks at me in anger still. "We can get out of here." I say having hope as I get up from the ground and Drake lays back down on the ground. "Maybe you can use your canary cry to blast us out of here?" I say as I want to get him out of here as soon as I can. He needs help.

"We're stuck here Ollie!" Drake yells at me as he stares at me. "Open your eyes! There's no escaping!" Drake says and I've never seen him so angry, not even Laurel on her darkest days. Drake clenches his jaw and stares away from me and continues to lay on the ground with his hands cuffed together. I look away from Drake and look around the cell once again and see a similar device in the corner of the room. The sonic dampener.

I look back down at Drake as Adrian must've tried to use him against me. Maybe Drake being here is just a way for me to break for Adrian. I give up and sit down next to Drake and Drake rises up from the ground and lays his body on me. I wrap my arm around him to keep him company and I hear Drake cry a little.

"This is not how I saw myself die." Drake says as he sniffs his nose. "I'm not going down... not like this Ollie." Drake says as he's starting to give up. His body is letting him go and I have to prevent that from happening.

"I'm sorry for doing this to you." I tell Drake and he does not respond.

"... I did this to myself. I chose to fight for what I believed in." Drake says and then gets off of me and lays down on the ground. He curls himself up starring at me and I lay my hand on his face. Drake then starts to close his eyes as he breathes softly and slower. "... If my life is what it takes Ollie... let it be..." Drake says as every breath is his last. I then realize that he would take his own life to let me be free. That's love.

Drake then passes out and I know he won't make it if we stay here any longer. But I know Adrian wouldn't let him die. Drake is part of this mind game. I'm not letting the love of my life go.