11

STAR BAR

I sit on a bar stool and watch David take a gulp of his shot. I chuckle at him and he raises an eyebrow starring back at me.

"So where are you from?" I ask him to start a conversation with him.

"I'm actually not from this city." David says starring at me as he leans on his hand for support of his face. He stares at me like a puppy and I smile lightly. "I'm from Blüdhaven, Gotham's neighbor city." He says and I'm shocked. I've heard plenty of rumors happening in that part of the country, especially Gotham.

"Really? Then what brings you here?" I ask him and he gets off from leaning on his hand and grabs another glass.

"Don't know. Just thought I could start fresh somewhere else..." He says and then takes a shot and as he does, I take a sip from my martini. "Plus Gotham has that what's his name? I think it's Batman?" He says acting cool about it and we both laugh.

"Meanwhile Star City has the Green Arrow and Black Canary." I say and take another sip of my martini and David takes a drink of his own glass of alcohol.

"David! You want to quit kissing your date's ass and play darts with us!?" I hear a loud man yell through the bar. I turn my neck towards the distraction from me and David and see a crowd of rowdy men. My type of crowd if they didn't fear my sexuality.

"You wanna go?" David asks me and I nod with a small smirk. David grabs my hand and drags me towards the crowd of rowdy police officers.

David stands next to me and stops grabbing my hand. I let go of him and stare at the guys as they stare at me confused underestimating me. This will be fun.

"This is Drake. My date for the night." David says introducing me to the crowd. Everyone greets me telling me their names and I greet them back.

I stand by and watch the boys play darts and David throws his darts but misses terribly. I chuckle at him and he looks back at me and smiles. "I suck at this game." David says embarrassing himself as he walks back towards me and stands next to me.

"You wanna try?" One of the police officers named Mike, asks me and I shake my head not wanting to embarrass them but it'll be fun. "No is not an answer here!" Mike says as he grabs my wrist and brings me into the line where I can shoot with the rules applying to me.

"I think this is a bad idea." I say trying to make myself sound less to these guys. I try to act like somebody else, not the Black Canary but a regular person.

"Here let me teach you." The man says and hands me a dart and he gets behind me. "Now hold it like a pencil, and then cock your wrist." He says and I follow his instructions. "Good, good. Now elbow out." He says and moves my elbows around to get it perfect. "And then just throw at it." He says and I then practice myself throwing it but do it embarrassingly.

"Like this?" I say continuing it to throw embarrassingly as a joke and David laughs at me like the rest do.

"Well now you're throwing it like a faggot." He says and I then stop what I'm doing and turn my head at him at confused. "But when a faggot is as cool as you and dating my best friend, he doesn't have to be as good as you." He says and I get triggered but decide to laugh it off and play it cool.

"Do you mind if I skip your lesson and just go ahead?" I ask him being flirty and vulnerable with him like I was.

"Okay good luck." Mike says and then I smile lightly at him and turn my front towards the board.

I grab the dart like I'm holding a knife and stare at the board. I then throw the dart and it flies straight into the middle. I then grab 2 more and throw the other 2 straight into the center and everyone goes silent as they're shocked.

I then turn towards Mike and raise an eyebrow embarrassing him. "Maybe I should teach you how to throw like a faggot." I say and everyone cheers for me. I walk away from Mike and walk towards David to see him smiling at me super impressed.

"That was so hot

"That was so hot." He says and I smile at him as he grabs my face and kisses me. I let my lips go from his, and stare at his face. "So what do you wan-" He says and suddenly an explosive goes off, I see the blast running through the building and I stand there in confusion starring at the fire blasting its way towards me as if my life was in slow motion. David quickly throws me to the ground and he gets on top of me covering me as I knock out.