PART 2

BLACK CANARY

_________________3 Years Later, Hall Of JusticeDrake Lance

_________________
3 Years Later, Hall Of Justice
Drake Lance

I walk towards the entrance of the Hall Of Justice and as I do I spot the statues of the main members of the Justice League; Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Batman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

I stare at them knowing that I look up to them. They brought me here, they believed in me enough to have me in the League as their martial arts teacher. Fighting with Diana is the best thing although, she teaches me more than I do.

I laugh at myself remembering the memories of me and Diana sparring together for a bet for Barry and Hal.

I stop starring at the statues and walk to my office. As I walk to my office I'm greeted by many of colleagues, Hawkgirl, Atom, and the others.

I then walk into my office where I see posters of my albums hung up when I was younger, and my old costumes along with Ollie's Green Arrow costume from back in the day on a mannequin inside a glass container. I stare at it remembering him and then sit down in my desk to get to business.

I open my laptop and go through all the files of these new heroes that Batman is putting me in charge to train. Robin, Miss Martian, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven... I sigh at myself realizing I have a full day ahead of myself until I hear the air move and I look up to see Barry standing in my office with a black suit case.

Barry is dressed causal as I am too, wearing a dark red graphic long sleeve shirt and black skinny jeans.

"What's up Barry?" I say breaking the ice to wonder what he's doing here. Barry then walks towards me with a small smile and I'm confused.

"Bruce has a present for you. It's the original photo." Barry says and I raise an eyebrow confused as to what he could be talking about. Barry hands me the suitcase and I take it and lay it on my desk and Barry smiles lightly. "Bruce told me that I shouldn't be here when you open it so-" He says and speeds out of the room leaving me alone.

I'm confused as to what Barry could be talking about but I ignore the questions and decide to go ahead.

I open the suitcase slowly and see a note and a photo underneath the note. I grab the note and see that it's signed by Bruce Wayne, Batman. 'It's an original.' The note reads and I put the note away and then look at the photo.

As I look at the photo my heart melts and I stare at it feeling nostalgic. It's the photo of me and Ollie in Russia dressed in our costumes when we saved a village from a nuclear bomb. I sigh deeply as I miss this memory. It's one of the best memories I have but also one of the darkest times in my life.

I'll tell you the story.

I used to want to save the world

I used to want to save the world... This beautiful city... But I knew so little then... The closer you get to this city, the more you see the great darkness within. And mankind? Mankind is another story altogether.

What one does when faced with the truth is more difficult than you think. I learned this the hard way, a long, long time ago... and now, I will never be the same...

Author's Note: this part of the book is inspired by Wonder Woman (2017) Dir. Patty Jenkins. I will be using some of Patty's ideas into this book but not all.