Chapter Nine

Jasmine's POV: I was actually kind of scared like I've done nothing wrong. Johnnie and I aren't even dating yet so it isn't like I took him from anyone.

"That's all I need for now, make sure you call or text me if something else ends up happening"

He walked us out to our car and then we drove home.

"You're not allowed to go on walks or anything by yourself until this is over got it?"

"Awww is Johnnie gonna keep me safe"

"Yes now let's get to bed"

I changed into my pajamas and got under the covers and closed my eyes. I'm not tired at all but whatever, I guess it works.

Johnnie's POV: I felt bad for Jasmine because it kind of sounded like this was technically my fault. This person is acting this way towards her because they want me or something. I was lost in my own world of thoughts when I heard a loud crash and Jasmine screamed at the top of her lungs. That's when I ran to her room.

Jasmine's POV: I was almost asleep when a rock came crashing through my window and landed on the bed. It didn't hit me but I still screamed because it scared me so badly.

"What happened?!" Johnnie asked running in.

"They threw a rock" I said trying not to cry.

"Where did it hit you?"

"It didn't"

"Then why are you crying" He asked me wiping a tear away.

"Because now I know they want to hurt me very badly...."

"Come on you're sleeping in my room tonight, I'll sleep on the floor"

"No..I don't want you to sleep on the floor" I told him.

"Are you willing to sleep in the same bed?" He asked.

"Pillow barrier in the middle then yes"

We walked to his room and put a bunch of pillows in between us like a wall and went to bed.

The next morning

I woke up and felt arms around me and I felt safe but then I spaced out.

"Johnnie let go of me" I said sitting up quickly and he woke up.

"Sorry" He replied.

"We have to call Detective Benson" I told him.

"Here's my phone, I'm going to go make some breakfast"

Johnnie walked out of them room and I could have swore something ran past his window. I chose to ignore it and then dialed the number.

"Hey Detective Benson this is Jasmine"

"Is there a problem?"

"Last night while I was sleeping, someone threw a rock through the window"

"Do you mind if I come over an inspect it?"

"Go ahead, I think we'll be here all day"

We got off the phone and I walked out into the kitchen where Johnnie was cooking.

"He's coming to inspect everything" I told Johnnie.

"Jasmine" He said.

"Ya?"

"Will you just please go out with me already"

"I'd love to" I said laughing.

"Good, now it actually is my job to protect you"

He kissed my cheek and then I sat down and waited for him to finish cooking. He pulled out some plates and silverware and I poured us each a glass of juice and we ate. We heard a knock on the door and I went to answer it. I looked around and nobody was there and I looked down.

"Johnnie come here"

He walked over and there was a letter on the step in front of the door. He picked it up and started reading it then he handed it to me.

Dear Jasmine,

I warned you once and now it's time for me to take things into action. You better watch your back.

"Make sure you show this to Detective Benson"

"I will" I responded.

There was another knock on the door just moments later and Johnnie answered it.

"Hey, something just happened like two minutes ago" Johnnie told him.

"Someone knocked on the door and left this on the step" I said and he read it.

"I'm going to have my partner come over and help me look around your house for anything"

"Would you like something to eat?" I asked him.

"I'm fine thank you" Detective Benson replied.

He went outside and looked around my window for any clues of anything and Johnnie and I just sat inside.

"Thank you for being there last night" I said.

"Thank you for letting me" Johnnie replied.