Chapter Sixteen

Jasmine's POV: We arrived at the court house and walked in and it was practically full. Alex was sitting at one table with her lawyer and we were supposed to meet up with ours. Johnnie wasn't going to have to sit at the other table with our lawyer and I was just going to sit with the rest of the people. Thankfully Richie came so I wasn't alone.

I don't know how any of this court stuff works so bare with me

"Hello Johnnie, this must be Jasmine, nice to meet you"

Our lawyer I assume reached out and shook my hand and went back to Johnnie.

"Will she be testifying today?" He asked Johnnie.

"No"

"Alright we have plenty of information to use from you, we better go take our seats"

We walked back to the room and I saw Richie. Johnnie kissed my cheek and walked off and went to sit at the table with the lawyer and I sat with Richie.

"Long time no see" Richie said smiling.

"Yup you better hang out with me and Johnnie after this"

"Already planned on it"

"Good" I replied.

"All rise in the court"

We stood up and the judge walked in. The judge sat down and we were all told to sit and then it all began.

One hour later because like I said, no clue how to do this

"Alex Dorame, you are sentenced six months of Jail and one year of community service"

"Six months and she will just do it all again" I said to Richie.

"Maybe she'll learn her lesson, she really isn't that bad of a person" He replied.

Johnnie came back to us and grabbed my hand and sighed.

"You did good" I said looking at him and smiling.

"Let's go get something to eat" Is all he replied with.

Richie had an uber bring him so he could just ride with us the rest of the day. I got into the passenger seat and Johnnie drove as we went to taco bell. We went inside and ordered our food and sat down at a table.

"Jasmine you're supposed to go to school tomorrow" Johnnie told me.

"Ugh"

"I decided to enroll to" He replied and my face lit up.

"Yay!"

"Now you have to understand, people in California ate way different than in Ohio. They could be bigger bullies and
Everything"

"Johnnie I'll be ok"

"I hope so"

The rest of the time we ate in silence and it was very uncomfortable. There was definitely something on his mind but I couldn't tell what it was.

Richie's POV: I know I've only hung out with them together once before which is when they stayed at my place but I can tell this is unusual for them. Just sitting her not even looking at each other. I didn't want to say anything though because I could tell they were both thinking about something. Johnnie was probably thinking about what happened in court. I'm guessing Jasmine was thinking about school but I don't know, she could be thinking about what Johnnie is thinking. I watched as she looked over at him with a sad look on her face but then she saw me looking and smiled. There is definitely something weird going on.

"Are you guys ok?" I asked.

"Yes" Jasmine replied but there was no response from Johnnie.

"Come here Jasmine" I said standing up and she followed me.

"Johnnie is probably just going through a difficult time right now, after all he did just put his ex fiance in jail. Just try talking to him about it and I'm sure everything will be fine"

"Does he still have feelings for her?" She asked with a sad look in her eyes.

I thought for a moment for how to respond and a tear slipped from her left eye.

"He might, but I know his feelings for you are a lot stronger, now don't look so glum everything will be ok"