~ PART 1 ~ || Chapter 1 || A Hylian's Place

PART 1: LOVE

A young boy ran through Hyrule field, smiling as his father cased after him, struggling to catch up with his son but still, he didn't give up on their game. Watching from the hill side, the boy's mother sat, smiling peacefully.

The sun shined above them while only a slight breeze would blow by, one you'd fail to notice unless you looked to the long grass, seeing it sway side to side slowly. The birds sung wonderful songs, signalling the fact that even they, too, were happy. It was a perfect spring day, no one could deny.

The mother watched her husband and six year old son play before spotting something in the coner of her eyes. When she turned her head to get a good look, her smile faded," dear..."

At first, her husband didn't hear her say anything. He had finally manged to catch his son, swinging him over his shoulder as the boy hit his tiny fist on his father's back, trying to get lose however it made it hard when he was laughing like he was. It wasn't until the woman called for the man again, this time louder, that he looked to her," honey, you look as pale as a ghost. What's wrong?"

She didn't say a word as she only pointed to the sky far beyond the trees. When the Hylian man turned his head, the color drained from his own face. Slowly, he set his son down, pushing him towards the village," its time to go..."

"Why?" The boy looked up to his scared father then the sky.

Flames reached far into the air, turning the ocean of blue into one of dark gray. No doubt, it was Castle Town on fire...and that was only the start...

"LINK!"

Link's eyes snapped open as he shot up and took deep breaths. His friend gasped, falling back into the long grass, almost disappearing from sight. 

Link put a hand on his chest, looking slowly to his friend and raising an eyebrow," Amber..."

Amber, a close friend of Link's, sat up, dusting the strands of grass off of her head while she glared at the boy," you fell asleep again, you idiot, so I came to find you. You really need to stop sleeping everywhere, especially when it's getting late. Good thing I found you before sunset or else you would've been monster food."

"Sorry. I get tired," Link yawned, rubbing his eyes. Amber crossed her arms.

"That's no excuse. Now come on," she stood up, offering Link a hand as he gladly took it, standing up," my father has called a meeting and we're going to be late if we don't hurry."

"Since when does he call a meeting...and this late too," Link looked to the sky, watching as the sun got closer to disappearing behind the mountains like it usually did every evening.

"I don't know but it must be important so lets go!" Amber didn't let go of Link's hand even when she began to speed walk down the game trail of the field she had found Link sleeping in. 

Instead, she dragged her friend to and through the small village they called home. It wasn't much, nor was it anywhere near the biggest in the kingdom but it was the place they have lived in for years now so they've learned to love it. It was a peaceful life there for the most part. A lot of the time, women chose to stay home to either watch over the children or work on crafting different things while men tended to the farm lands as their work. 

Amber's father, Jackson Abberline, was mayor of the village. He was a slow going man at his old age, but he was wise and kind. Whenever someone needed him, he was there to help. He never called for village meetings much which only made it strike Link's interests even more. For him to call for a meeting this late, it must have mean't news came from another village or town farther off. Out of all villages, news came to their's last if it did come at all.