|| Chapter 53 || Far Fetched Faith

In only a few weeks, summer would be finished with and fall would start its course. In Amadahy, farmers usually waited until the start of fall to begin the harvest process, however, in Anicetus, the coming weeks were already being used to prepare their fields.

The town was lined with a few markets and shops advertising sales on their vegetables and fruit that needed to go. Some had even gone far enough to start taking out their fall decor, too.

Aeshia lead the way through the streets calmly, looking over the progress her people were making while explaining to her followers," fall weather typically comes earlier in Anicetus than it does in Amadahy and the same goes for winter. We only have around two weeks until fall harvest starts. After that there will be two months before the ground grows too hard to break through. We then rely on hunts and winter berries for new food supplies."

She was right about the weather changing quicker. Before they had left the palace, Aeshia had advised (Y/n), Link, and Liam to dress warmer than usual. They were glad they obeyed. The air was already chilled, and leaves had begun to change colors if you took the minute to study them.

Liam and Aatto followed on each side of the Queen whilst Link and (Y/n) followed not far behind, taking in the site of the seasonal town.

(Y/n) nudged Link, causing him to face her as she whispered, nodding to the front of the group with a smile," notice anything?"

He frowned, looking to the three yet he didn't understand what he was supposed to be noticing.

The only strange thing he noticed was Aatto wore a short sleeve uniform, although, despite this, he didn't look to be cold. He walked with his same strong strut, his arms crossed behind his back which was nothing except straight.

Aeshia wore a long red dress that glittered gold in the light, a white fear shawl draped over her shoulders. It didn't seem unlike anything she normally wore.

As for Liam, his outfit was also norm and so was his behavior. He listened to every word the Queen spoke, looking where she looked without a word of his own. Usual knight behavior since Aatto did the same.

"I...I don't know?"

(Y/n) sighed, nodding her head towards the group again," Liam seems to have taken a liking to Aeshia, don't ya' think?"

Link raised an eyebrow, studying the two yet still not seeing what his girlfriend apparently did.

"You can't tell me you haven't noticed Liam always around her. He's always asking where she is, following her around the place, and such," (Y/n) went on to explain.

"Maybe he just likes to feel busy. He did work as a knight and Aeshia is a royal," Link argued. He had noticed the two being around each other frequently, in fact, it was hard to miss, but he wouldn't say it was anything romantic. He would admit, however, that it did seem like something was going on the more he thought about it.

The group entered a building located in the town center. It stood out for many reasons from being taller than the others to the carved designs in the wooden walls. A place your eyes were naturally drawn to.

Another woman greeted them, speaking in the kingdom's native tongue. Aeshia had mirrored her welcome, facing the others once more," you may look around at what you wish. We will only be a moment. If you need anything, don't feel against coming to ask."

The building on the inside was even more beautiful than the outside. The walls were a deep red and the ceiling along with the floor glittered in a golden shade. Countless books were stacked neatly on colorful shelves and pillars lined the hall with different objects on each, not one the same.

Aeshia followed the woman down the hall with Aatto in trail, the three disappearing behind large doors at the end.

(Y/n) immediately took her aunt's offer in looked around the place, studying each object on the pillars closely yet without touching. Link also glanced around a bit from his place, fearing getting to close to the objects and accidentally breaking one, after all, everything seemed important and expensive. It was like some type of ancient museum.

"Oh, look at this," (Y/n) held a silver book up like it was a trophy, hurrying to the nearest book-stand to place it on.

Within seconds, Liam and Link were at each of her sides, examining the object she found. It said a few words in the native language on the top. Luckily, after being in Anicetus for a few weeks, (y/n) had picked up the pattern of their language and had even practiced translating written words, although, she'd admit, it was easier to do with scratch paper to takes notes on.

"I think it says, 'History of Our Land'," when opening to the first page, she made a face with all the writing, whispering," yeah, I don't think I can translate that."

Link, however, immediately shocked himself by recognizing the story just by the carefully drawn pictures it had,"...it's the story of the goddesses."

"Goddesses?" He earned the attention of both Amadahians who raised eyebrows at his words.

He bit his lip, looking back down at the picture at pointing at the three women in a triangle-like shape," there's this popular faith among Hylians that our land was created by the three goddesses Farore, Nayrue, and Din, who were all lead by another goddess named Hylia."

He turned the page to the next. Sure enough, there was another picture of the three women yet this time a fourth was there, standing above the others in a golden light.

(y/n) hummed, looking over the page," I heard of Hylian churches before but...well, you know my father...Do you believe in the stories?"

Link directed his eyes to the side, shrugging," I...I don't know. My village would teach it secretly and for the most part I would believe it, yet they say Hylia is reborn as a normal Hylian every few centuries and protects her people from whatever chaos comes their way...she just..."

He stopped himself, not wanting to finish his thoughts. Even though he didn't, the others still knew what he was going to say.

"But she never came when Amadahy took over," Liam whispered, closing the book," I can see why you question it, I guess."

"Some of it just seems far fetched is all. Why would a goddess be reborn as a normal mortal? It's strange," he glanced at (Y/n), noticing the frown on her face as she still stared at the book.

He opened his mouth to say something to her, however, he was cut off when Aeshia, Aatto, and the woman came back, finishing up their conversation as they walked.

They hardly even reached the group when (y/n) picked up the book, hurrying over to Aeshia and holding it out to her," may I borrow this?"

The Queen took the book, flipping through the pages and skimming over each. Once done, she handed it back to the princess, facing the woman," siht worrob ehs yam?"

"Neeuq ym, esruoc fo," the woman beamed, quickly nodding," degamadnu ti nruter ehs ksa tsum i, hguohtla."

"lliw ehs erus m'i," Aeshia smiled," you may."

(Y/n) seemed quite happy with the approval, hugging the book close and doing her best to thank the woman in their language, although she stumbled a bit," knaht ou-uoy."

"We can return to the castle if there isn't anything else any of you would like to do here," Aeshia explained, everything nodding, although, Link kept his eyes on (Y/n) who gave most her attention on her borrowed object. 

Outside, he stopped her by the doors, a hand placed on her shoulder," the whole story is mostly what I told you. There isn't-"

"-I know, I know. I just need something interesting to read plus I want to understand Hylian faith and what it's about. It's important to understand other's beliefs, isn't it?" She frowned, running a hand over the book cover.

Link hesitated. He wanted to argue farther, but decided against it, after all, there isn't any harm in learning new things, right?

"Just don't be disappointed when it gets boring and redundant," he warned jokingly, crossing his arms and going to head after the others.

(y/n) stopped him by grabbing his arm and kissing his cheek with a smile," I won't."