|| Chapter 6 || Questions For A Hylian

A/n: I completely forgot whether or not I edited this chapter so sorry if there's any big errors~Maple

~~~~~~

(Link's P.O.V)

The next day seemed to come quicker than I would have liked it too. I woke up early in the morning to people talking loudly outside my door in the hallway but its not like I can really go out there and complain. Chances are their Amadahian.

I spent the morning unpacking my things the best I could before getting dressed for the rest of the day. I didn't have very nice clothes compared to what most people wore here but at least what I did have was comfortable even if I've owned them for a while. 

When I left the inn, the streets seemed to already be busy with people who headed off shopping or to work. After what happened yesterday, I thought it would be best for me just to stay on the less busy streets so, hopefully, nothing else starts. 

One thing that's bad about the Capital is that there really isn't anything for Hylians to do. Lots of shops didn't welcome Hylians and even the ones that did weren't very well in shape. Most of the 'Hylian-friendly' shops were owned by poor Hylians that had no money to fix them up or put much out to sale. Those kind of shops were easy to make out since the outside paint would be peeling off while the insides would usually be filled with dust and webs.

Luckily, I ended up finding some place to eat that was welcoming to my kind. It was on one of the very backstreets but was an okay looking place compared to some I've seen. It was nicely painted a dark brown color as there was a wooden sign above the door that read 'Gemstone Tavern', small gems put around it for decoration. Entering the place, I could tell that it was some kind of restaurant mixed with a bar. 

I found a seat at a table in the back, taking the chance to look around. There were mostly Hylians there. Some sat in groups as others sat alone like me. I even noticed a few Amadahian who most likely didn't mind my kind since they sat with a group of Hylians playing some kind of card game. From the looks, they all seemed to get along fine.

"Its nice, isn't it?" I raised an eyebrow, turning my head to see a Hylian girl standing next to the table, a notebook in her hand and a smile on her face," I always love seeing Amadahians who don't treat our kind like nothing."

"Y-Yeah, it is nice," I agreed, looking back over to the mixed group laughing while they played.

"So, what can I get ya', sweetheart?" the girl looked back to the notebook, tapping the pen against it. I blinked.

"O-Oh, right, um," I looked at the menu on the table, skimming over what they had however I was so hungry, anything sounded good," anything recommendations?"

The girl laughed," we have a soup made from cuccos and fresh vegetables that's pretty good."

"Then I'll have that please," she nodded, writing it down on the notebook.

"Good choice. I'll have that right out for you," she turned, walking back to the kitchen and disappearing behind its swinging doors. As I watched her leave, I notice two Hylians that have been staring at me. When I looked to them, they both turned away.

Not thinking much of it, I looked around the place more, waiting patiently for the girl to come back. I didn't have to wait long until she did, handing me a bowl of great smelling soup as I thanked her.

When she walked away, I noticed she went to sit next to the two Hylians who had just been staring at me once again. I noticed something about the guy that I didn't notice before. He's the same guy who tried to frame me for stealing yesterday! He had the same scar over his eye and everything!