|| Chapter 45 || A Smile Can Hide Worry

When news of Liam waking up came, (Y/n) practically ran down the halls, bursting into the infirmary without little thought.

There, Liam was sitting with his back against the bed pillows, his eyebrows frowned as the doctor tried to assure him he was somewhere safe, however, the differences in language made it a bit hard. It wasn't until he spotted (Y/n) that his eyes lit up," Princess!"

"Liam!" She smiled, jumping into his arms which almost knocked the boy over, not that he minded," I'm so happy to see you again! It feels like forever since I left!"

"I'm happy to see you, too, Your Highness," he pulled away in order to look at her," I didn't think I'd find you. All I had to go off of was what some Hylians told me back at this hunting village. They weren't very nice, but eventually they let it slip that they saw Link with a Hylian girl fitting your description, both heading into the woods. Where...where are we exactly?"

"Anicetus."

"H-Huh?"

"It's a long story," (Y/n) chuckled, hugging him again tightly," there's some much we have to tell you."

"There's a lot I have to tell you, too," Liam whispered, causing (Y/n) to frown.

"Why? Bad stuff?"

He hesitated then shook his head," it can wait..."

She was about to say something before Link entered the room, smiling when approaching them," it's great to see you're alright, Liam."

"You too. I was wandering what happened to you both."

They had all talked, Link and (Y/n) filling Liam in on their journey. At one point, Aeshia came to introduce herself and discuss having a special dinner made in welcoming the same way they had for Link and (Y/n). The way she beamed at the idea made it hard to refuse.

The group agreed, going on about what foods to have. In the end, they decided to have seafood themed curies, rices, soups, and cooked fishes since Liam did have a love for that kind of stuff. For a moment, he had forgotten the reason why he came to find them.

It wasn't until much later, when (Y/n) and Link went to find Aatto about the plans, that Aeshia cleared her throat, causing Liam's attention to go to her," forgive me if I'm invading your own matters, but will you not tell them the reasons in which you came?"

"H-How do you know I came for any kind of important reason?"

"If you were simply coming to find them, then you would've been more prepared for a long trip and my people wouldn't have found you past out in those woods. Something is wrong in Amadahy, isn't there?" She questioned with crossed arms.

Liam opened his mouth then shut it, nodding,"...there's a war coming..."

Aeshia sighed with a frown," I figured as much with Adrian. You came to warn them?"

"I'm honestly not sure why I came to find them," he admitted, staring at his hands," I-I wanted to come tell them, but, now that I'm here, I don't think I want to. They seem so happy right now and i-if I tell (y/n), it'll ruin this all for her. She'd want to go back, I know she would."

"I agree. It's best not to worry them right now," she hummed in thought," I'll look into things. How bad is it back there?"

"By the time I left, there was only talk about starting a war, but seeing how angry everyone is, I bet it'll start soon. A-A real, actual war."

"Leave the worry to me. I'll send some guards to check it out and we'll make other plans based off of their findings. For now, rest and keep a smile for (Y/n) and Link."

"And what if one of them questions me or back home?"

"Say you came to visit yet weren't prepared. Simple as that."

"Thank you, Your Highness."

"Of course," she forced a smile, although, she was just as worried about what awaited them.

'Adrian, you are truly a fool. Nothing as changed.'