|| Chapter 19 || The Blind Girl Who Saw Blood

Mornings in the Capital weren't too bad. Most people didn't wake up until later on while, back at Link's old village, almost everyone woke up just as the sun was rising. This meant that he could sleep in much later without worrying about other's coming to wake him...most the time that is...

The sound of knocking woke him up this morning. At first, he simply thought he was hearing things and went to go back to sleep, however, the knocks got louder making sleep impossible. 

Link stared at the wall for a moment before sitting up with a yawn. In no rush, he made his way downstairs, shouting a quick 'coming' before reacting the front door. He looked through the peephole, raising an eyebrow. 

There, on the other side of the door, stood Zelda. She stood, smiling patiently, at her side, with on foot on each step, was Aryan. Unlike her, he didn't look so patient. 

Sighing, Link unlocked the door and opened it, meeting the eyes of the Hylian Princess. She was the first to speak, obviously happy," hello Link. I thought today would be a perfect day to visit you. We didn't wake you too early, did we?"

"No..." Link ran a hand through his messy bed hair, yawning once more," is there something you need from me?"

"I wanted to talk about a few things, actually. As long as you don't mind."

'Depends what it is,' Link thought, shaking his head.

"Alright. Come in," he stepped aside, watching Zelda walked inside, dipping her head to him.

"Thank you."

"Thanks," Aryan walked in as well, eyeing Link when he did. Link narrowed his eyes at him, but didn't say a word. He only shut the door, following the two to the living room silently.

Zelda and Aryan took a seat on different ends of the same couch. Link sat by himself on another chair, his eyes glued to them the whole time," what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, to start off, I wanted to ask you how you've been lately. Is everything alright here in the Capital?" Her asked, a friendly smile painted on her lips.

"Everything's been fine here. I'm still getting to know everything, but this is all a nice change," Link shrugged before reluctantly asking," how have things been in the H.R.F.?"

"Alright. Nothing too eventful is happening, however, it's been awhile since anything has. How has things been between the Princess and you? Aryan said he's seen you too around together," Link flinched, glaring at Aryan a bit. So, he was still stalking him...

"We've been hanging out with each other a lot for the last few weeks. She's the only friend I have to really talk to here; her and Liam. I'd actually appreciate it if you guys would stop spying on me all the time. It gets annoying. I told you already I have nothing against other Hylians and (Y/n) doesn't either. She's doesn't judge others until she gets to known them fully, unlike what you guys seem to do," his words were harsh, though, he didn't care too much about that.

"She didn't send me to 'spy' on you. I simply see you around," Aryan growled lowly," and we have a right to judge. Are you blind to what Amadhians have done to us Hylians? They've destroyed our lives-!"

"-I know what some Amadhians have done, but their actions don't define what all the others are like. (Y/n) believes in love over hate. She wouldn't do anything to hurt Hylians. She even lowered the tax law that was placed only on Hylian Villages. She's helped our kind yet you're the one who's blind enough not to see that!" Link snapped.

Aryan stood up, stepping towards him," you have no idea if she'd change. It runs in her family-"

"-Stop it, Aryan!" Zelda stood up, grabbing his arm with narrowed eyes," there is no reason for you of all people to be angry. Link has a right to be mad at us. Now sit down, please."