|| Chapter 34 || Rosaleen; The Rose of Adrian's Eyes

(b/n)- A boy name with a similar meaning and/or sound to your own.

(n/m)-meaning behind your name (you can usually look up the meaning or, if that doesn't work, say either what you'd want it to mean or think it means)

(b/n/m)-what the boy version of your name would mean :3

~~~

The castle always put on great parties. Most the time, such gatherings were only open to certain nobles invited by King Adrian, however, recently, they've been more...open. Rumors had it that the King of Amadahy was trying to find a wife after going seven years since Queen Edelina's death.

Women dressed up to the max, trying to catch the King's eyes in hopes that they'd be the lucky pick, yet, winning such a broken man's heart proved harder than they originally thought.

No one knew it, but Adrian had planned the current ball to be his last try. In his eyes, finding a wife who loved him more than the crown she'd earn was impossible. Out of all the females he had met so far, not one came close to what he was searching for, although, Adrian didn't know what he was looking for himself. All he knew was that they weren't it.

It would be a lie to say he loved his last wife, Edelina. The woman never cared as much for her husband as she did her diamonds and, seven years ago, she died, not that it caused much heartbreak. That was the last time the King had a lover.

Adrian sighed, taking a glass of red wine from a nearby waiter, leaning against the wall. Some people danced, some simply stood around and talked...no matter the case, everyone seemed happy. No one noticed their King was upset, that is, everyone besides one female.

"Care to dance, your highness?"

Adrian glanced away from his wine, his tired eyes meeting bright, lively (e/c) ones. A young woman, maybe a little younger than himself, stood with a polite smile, her hand outstretched to the royal who stared at her completely dumbfounded...She was beautiful, and that was a understatement...

Unlike the other girls at the party, the young lady didn't drown herself in buckets full of makeup nor did she wear a puffy, expensive dress covered in glitter and bright colors. She simply had on a little mascara and blush to compliment the plain blue sundress that went past her knees only slightly.

"You're asking me to dance?" Adrian questioned, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

The girl nodded, seeming to light up with the joy of simply being spoken to," you seemed alone over here."

Adrian thought for a moment, staring at the girl before pushing himself off the wall and setting his wine down on the table," I'd love to dance."

She smiled brightly at this, taking his hand and leading him farther onto the dance floor. When reaching the middle, the two faced each other and bow respectfully. The girl placed her hands on Adrian's shoulders while he placed his carefully on her waist.

"May I ask your name?" The King asked after a moment of dancing.

"Oh, yes. My names Rosaleen."

"Rosaleen..." he tested the name out," a name that means 'little rose'. Roses themselves can mean many things, but are mostly associated with beauty and love."

"Do you study name meanings on your free time?" she questioned with an angelic laugh.

"I feel names are very important. I picked both my children's names to fit an aspect of who they were, that or, their appearance."

"Ethan and Sienna?"

"Ethan means strength and long-living. I hope that one day he'll be a strong King. Sienna refers to a burnt orange color. The first thing I noticed about her when she was born was how her amber eyes glowed in the light, therefore, I gave her the fitting name," he explained.

"And what does 'Adrian' mean?" Rosaleen asked, titling her head slightly.

"Sea and water. Quite boring, really. My grandparents named my father it because they simply liked the name. My father, being the proud man he was, decided the name would be passed down. I hope Ethan will thank me that I didn't continue that train of thought," Adrian rolled his eyes with a slight smile causing his partner to laugh again.

"I bet he will," shaking her head, she glanced around the room where all eyes were on the two of them," I've never put too much thought into names, however, after hearing what you've said about them, I guess they are rather important. Ever since I was a little girl, I hoped to name my future kids (B/n) or (Y/n)."

"Lovely names. (B/n) means (b/n/m) while (Y/n) means (n/m)."

"They truly are beautiful names."

For the rest of the night, Rosaleen and Adrian talked, danced, and laughed. If someone were to ask them then if they saw themselves being married by the end of the year, they'd be shocked, however, neither would believe it to be impossible. They were the living examples of what true love looked like.

A year after they were happily married, Princess (Y/n) was born into the world. She was a mirror imagine of the Queen with her fluffy (h/c) hair and glittering (e/c) eyes. From the day of her birth, Adrian promised to protect her as he did to Rosaleen when he slipped the wedding ring on his wife's finger.

Finally, the Royal Family was complete. Adrian was a strong King. Rosaleen, from day one, became an honorable Queen. Ethan, a knowledgeable Prince and Sienna, the strong Princess. Last, but never close to least in anyone eyes, (Y/n), the beautiful daughter of hope...