|| Chapter 43 || Bonding Time

*I'll be in a different country for three days starting tomorrow so I'm publishing this chapter now in case I don't have wifi where I'm staying. Enjoy :3 ~ Maple

"M-My mother is," (Y/n) blinked, shaking her head in disbelief," she was your sister?"

"Yes. She went to Amadahy and met your father where they fell in love. I never told her about what I knew about him because I felt she could change him; they were the perfect couple and I thought she could change his beliefs which she tried until her death. I never got to say goodbye to her. Three years without seeing her and next thing I know she's gone from the world."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, little one," Aeshia looked up, meeting (Y/n)'s eyes with a small smile," I know how happy she was in Amadahy and I know she was aware of how much I loved her. I'm just glad that I've gotten to meet you, even if this isn't the best of times. I've always wondered how you'd turn out. I'm happy that you took after your mother."

Aeshia walked to the bookshelf, picking up the book set on top. Flipping through the pages, she showed (Y/n) one. There was a picture of a small girl, holding her hands out as she wobbled around on her feet in which seemed to be getting tripped by her pink dress.

She didn't look much older than a year. Her long (h/c) hair was pulled back into a pigtail. Her (e/c) eyes were bright, her small white teeth flashing as she smiled widely. The headpiece she wore was made of garnets and was used to hold back the pigtail.

"That's your mother when she was a year old. She loved to try and walk. There were days where she'd grab the back of my dress, using it as support while she tried to follow me off to work. You may look through whatever pictures you want. Just be careful, please," Aeshia set the book into (Y/n)'s arms, watching how her eyes lit up when seeing her mom.

"Thank you, Aeshia. This is part of my family history I love to hear about; my mother's side."

~~~

The two sat, laughing and talking while looking over different pictures of young Rosaleen. There were pictures of her as a baby, teen, and even when she was her daughter's current age. Those were the images (Y/n) enjoyed.

"This was at her 17th birthday when we had a kingdom dance. Rosa liked to dance. I was only planning on watching before she dragged me out in front of everyone, swinging me around and laughing. Eventually, I gave in and danced as well," Aeshia explained each picture, not minding talking about her sister. It was good to remember the past.

In the picture, Rosaleen wore a simple yellow sundress and stood next to Aeshia who still had her Queen posture, staring into the camera with a hint of a smile. The picture taped right beside it was when Rosaleen decided to poke her sister's side, making her laugh just as the picture was taken. It was crazy how much (Y/n) looked like her mother. They were identical.

Flipping the page, she tilted her head," what about this one?"

The next was one of Rosaleen leaning on Aeshia and wearing a suit, her hair pulled over her upper lip to look like a mustache. Aeshia was rolling her eyes while Aatto, who was in the background, held a hand over his mouth in attempts to hide his laughter.

"That was valentine's day the same year. Goddesses, your mother always bugged me about getting a husband. She had this thing where she'd do that with her hair, sometimes even wearing a hat. That's when she'd give me relationship advice, pretending to be a guy for me to 'practice' what I've learned with."

"Have you ever used them?" (Y/n) smirked the same way her mother would've.

"No, I haven't found the right man. When you marry someone, you'll be stuck with them which means you better love them with all your heart. I want a man who would be loyal and love me back yet, at the same time, understand that my kingdom must come first so we won't be able to spend every second of everyday with each other. That's how it is being royal, I suppose."

"There's plenty of good men out there, I bet. You'll find one."

"Look at that, Rosa, my niece is following in your footsteps and telling me to get a love life. Isn't that sweet?" Aeshia leaned back, looking to the ceiling with a teasing smile while (Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"Look at that, mom, my aunt is still refusing to get a love life. Isn't that upsetting?"

"Shut it you," Aeshia chuckled, sitting straight.

(Y/n) looked at the book then Aeshia," I'm happy we came here and that I got to meet you. I didn't think I'd ever find any honorable family who's still alive."

"I'm not too honorable. I've made mistakes."

"Everyone does. I'm on the run from my father because I fell in love with a boy of a race he hates. It runs in the family to make mistakes, I guess."

Aeshia went to say something, however, the door opened, Aatto poking his head in, looking nervous," Your Highness, you aren't busy, are you?"

"You're worried so whatever you have to say must be important. Now, don't keep it from us," Aeshia handed the book to (Y/n), standing while the guard entered, bowing his head.

"We have a...visitor, let's say. We don't know what to do with him. We need your word."

~~~

(Y/n) followed Aeshia through the halls to the infirmary where Aatto lead them. He opened the door and bowed, letting them through.

Link was there, standing next to the bed and blocking view of the person lying in it. When hearing the door open, he turned his head," (Y/n)."

"What's going on?" She met him half way with a frown while Aeshia walked past.

"Who's that? Where did he come from?" The Queen questioned, looking to Link for an answer.

(Y/n) stepped past him, gasping at the sight," Liam!"