|| Chapter 29 || Bloodstained Hands

"I have...I have to kill you."

Link had no words. He couldn't even process what was going on nor what the Princess had said. Was it all some kind of joke Brook was making or was she truly wanting to kill him? What reason would she even have to kill him?

"Killing people isn't something you should joke about, Brook."

"I'm not joking. Y... You're going to take my sister away and because of you, my family is being torn apart," Brook began to sob, pointing the sword at Link while it shook uncontrollable," Sienna said she wouldn't care if (Y/n) died, my-my father said (Y/n) was a disgrace. I bet Ethan feels the same, too. He always takes father's side!

"If my sister wouldn't have ever met you, she wouldn't have fallen in love nor would our family t...turn against each other!"

Link listened to the poor princess's cried, stepping back slightly and shaking his head," Brook...I never meant for your family to be torn apart. I didn't even know they were upset with each other."

Brook frowned, and for a moment, Link thought she was going to break out laughing, saying he was really easy to foul, however, she didn't.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," she whispered, her eyes almost completely covered by tears.

Before Link could argue farther or Brook could cry anymore, the young princess gasped, her mouth hanging open and the sword she held slipped out of her fingers.

At first, the Hylian didn't understand what happened, that was, until he peered down at the girl's stomach, the end of another sword poking out of a wound that poured out blood, staining the blue and silver.

She took a heavy step forward, her legs giving out before her foot could touch the ground. Link wasted no time racing towards her, catching the twelve-year-old who would have otherwise slammed against the hard ground.

He kneeled down, looking from the girl to the person who stood in front of him. He recognized the face immediately, glaring.

"That was close," Aryan spoke with a fake relief, taking deep breaths to make it seem like he had run over to help," that girl is crazy...I can't believe she was going to kill you..."

Link echoed the other male out completely. He carefully laid Brook down then leaned over as far as he could to each the curtains by the hallways window. Tearing a piece off, he used it to apply pressure to the stab wound.

"Don't worry, you're going be okay, Brook," he tried to keep his voice as calm as he could despite the fact that the amount of blood she was losing did scare him. It didn't look good at all.

Brook couldn't say even one completely sentence. Her words were mixed, her eyes wide. She couldn't find out what had happened. All she knew was that she was in the most pain she had ever been in.

"Why are you helping her?! She was going to kill you!" Aryan yelled, grabbing Link's wrist and pulling him away from Brook's side," we have to get out of here before the guards come! They wouldn't listen to Hylian's like us! They'd think we attacked an innocent girl when she's far from that!"

"Shut up!" Link yelled right back, ripping his hand away and continuing to push the curtain onto Brook's stomach," just stay awake and keep breathing, Brook. The guards will come. They'll be able to help you farther."

Aryan stayed still, glaring. His plan was falling apart, but not too much to where he wasn't able to rearrange the pieces," then be that way."

With Aryan gone, Link could try and focus more. He'd go from pressing the wound to clearing Brook's tears away, reminding her to stay awake any time her eyes began to close.