|| Chapter 7 || Agreed or Disagreed?

(Link's P.O.V)

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked, staring out the window of the room, watching over the garden bellow. Liam stood behind me, shrugging with a sigh that showed he was just as unsure about all this than I was.

"I can't be sure, however, it isn't my place to disagree with what Princess (Y/n) wishes for..." 

I felt like I didn't have a say in any of this as well. I tried to object but I didn't get very far with it.

"All you have to do is come to dinner at the Castle. That's all. Please, I promise it will benefit your village if you do," was what the Princess asked of me. I couldn't really say no, could I? She is royalty after all.

After agreeing and coming to the castle, I went with Liam to his room while (Y/n) hurried to her own to get out of the causal clothes she wore around the Capital. Liam changed too while I waited outside the door though, it didn't take long for him to open the door again, letting me inside. When I did enter the room, I found there wasn't too much inside.

It was a simple room with plain, light colored walls, one window, a bed, and a dresser along with a bed stand. I could tell right away that Liam was a clean person. The papers on the desk where carefully stacked, the bed was made, and from what I could see, there was no dust anywhere. I could also tell he was an avid reader since there was a stack of books sitting on his bed stand, all put right on the corner of the stand nicely.

We spent the time in mostly silence. Liam didn't seem like one to start conversions. He ended apologizing for it at one point, explaining that, when working for the Royal family, he had gotten use to standing on the side lines and not talking unless someone were to speak with him first yet I didn't mind the silent knight too much. Liam didn't seem like he had anything against Hylians or me. 

"You'll be fine," Liam spoke, breaking my thoughts like he read my mind. 

"Do they know I'm coming?" I asked, turning around fully. He flinched, bowing his head. That pretty much told me the answer. No, they did not.

"C-Come, Princess (Y/n) said she would meet us down stairs by the dining room doors. We don't want to keep her waiting," then Liam whispered under his breath while opening the door,"...I'll never hear the end of it if Matthias or Camron see the Princess is unattended at the moment..."  

I nodded, following the knight down the halls of the Castle nervously. I was happy to see there was no one in the halls to give me strange looks like in town but the second we'd enter the dinning room, I knew it would be different.

As we approached the dinning room, I could see the Princess standing outside the doors, her hands behind her back as she stared at the ground. If I didn't know any better, she seemed a bit nervous which didn't help me at all.

She looked up, spotting us with a relieved smile," there you two are. I was beginning to worry."

I noticed she had changed her outfit into a dress that wasn't too fancy yet it wasn't too plain either. It was just a simple (f/c) dress that went to her ankles however, it was still fit for a Princess nonetheless She even wore a golden tiara on top of her head to finish the look. I forgot I've never seen her wear one before but then again, this was a dinner with her family and others with high rank. It must be some kind of custom to wear crowns and such to these things.

I gulped, feeling like if time slowed when Liam opened the doors, revealing the large room. Inside was a long table in which many people sat at, more than I thought would be there. Most looked like they were nobles who likely lived in the area or came to visit. They all laughed and talked, acting like they were all close family. At the very end of the table I saw the King himself, all the knights of honor standing behind him with their hands behind their backs and their eyes set in front of them. I would have thought they were statues if it wasn't for the fact that they'd blink every once in awhile.