|| Chapter 24 || The Tear Runs Deeper

It's unknown what knight got to the castle first, informing the King that his daughter had made such announcement during the festival, however, when the news hit his ears, he was fuming. Within only a few seconds, he was marching down the castle hallways, his hands balled into fist. Behind him, Camron and Jodie followed, exchanging looks of confusion mixed with shock. Even Camron was showing his rare emotion.

"(Y/N)!" The King's voice boomed despite him not knowing if his daughter had even made it to the castle yet. 

As if their own names were yelled, the servants dropped whatever they were doing at the time, hurrying to see what had gotten the King so upset. Not one of them heard about the fights in the Capital at that time. To them, the day was simply like every other...

(Y/n) had entered the castle, being lead by Liam who didn't fail to let go of her arm the whole way there. In his own mind, his thoughts raced with what trouble was left behind. The drama and violence could have easily been turned upon the princess. He thanked whatever god watched from above that things didn't react that point.

The princess was catching her breath, her eyes still wide with her own shock. Why wasn't anyone happy? Sure, some people would be upset with what she said earlier, but never did she expect fights to break out over it.

When (Y/n) regained her breath and peered up, she was greeted with the sight of her father coming her way. He looked like a lion prancing after it's slow moving meal. 

"What have you done?!" King Adrian roared the same way a lion would too. 

(Y/n) bowed her head, her voice nothing compared to his greatness but only a weak pitiful whisper instead," I-I'm sorry. I thought that-that-"

"Speak up!"

(Y/n) flinched, never once having her father yell at her in that way. Scared of what would happen if she didn't speak fluently, she answered," I wanted Hylians to be seen as equal to us! I'm tired of seeing them suffer yet I knew people wouldn't simply accept them unless it was an order so I gave them that order!"

The King's fist became tighter raising slightly making (Y/n) fear she'd be stuck. Before anything could happen, Liam stepped in front of the King, meeting his fury-filled eyes," your highness, I'm sure this can all be fixed. It only needs time to blow over, that's all."

"You have no place to tell me how to think nor what to do, Lin," he hissed, easily pushing the knight aside and pointing at his daughter," you're lucky you're a member of this family or I would have you banished for causing the trouble you have! You are to go to your room and, from this day on, never leave the castle grounds no matter what!"

"But f-father-"

"-That's my order."

(Y/n) sniffed, thinking of what she could say in return, although, she was too upset to think of anything at all. Instead, she turned, running off towards her room while tears ran down her cheeks rapidly. The King watched her go feeling little to no symphony before, once again, he looked down upon Liam, his eyes narrowed," you are to go to your own room in the knight quarters. Until we figure out what to do with this mess, (Y/n) is to be on her own."

Liam didn't have the chance to say complain. The King walked off, leaving the Knight of Honor to stand there, watching the older man disappear...

~~~

By the time afternoon came, the whole castle knew of what the Princess had done. Somehow, guards and knights were able to break up most the fights in town despite it taking forever. Still, people of both races were on edge. Rumors spend like wildfire through, not only the Capital, but the whole kingdom.