|| Chapter 36 || Broken Lie

The first village they came across was home to ruff Hylians who didn't appear to be all that welcoming to strangers. Their eagle eyes followed the new comers' every movements in suspicion for the village, like most other Hylian places in the Kingdom, rarely got visitors.

Hylians who lived in hunting villages were known to be tough and have temperamental issues. Worst of all, it was also common knowledge that they hated their short-eared superiors more than the devil itself making the trip even more nerve racking for (Y/n) and Link.

In attempts to hide her Amadhian nature, (Y/n) had wrapped a cloth over her head and positioned her hair around her ears, hoping that, if somewhere we too get a close enough look at her, they still wouldn't notice.

There were only two stops they needed to make; one at a bakery for much needed food and the other an inn to rest at. They'd be quick when traveling to both, refusing to be on the dangerous streets longer than needed.

"If ya plan on buyin' somethin', be quick 'bout it. I ain't got the time to wait around," were the hissed words that came from a woman when the couple entered the only bakery in the area.

"We will, ma'am," Link assured her, grabbing a few stale loafs of bread and bringing them to the counter where the angry resident waited.

While he paid, the lady's eyes strayed to (Y/n), narrowing harshly," you ain't from here."

"We're travelers," Link answered, handing over the money for the bread in hopes of distracting her.

"I wasn't talkin' to you, boy! I was talkin' to the girl!" The lady snapped, leaning closer to the other female who leaned away slightly," what is it 'bout you that's different?"

"I'm not sure, ma'am," she replied nervously, lowering her head. What if the woman has seen a picture of her and knew she was the missing Princess? What would become of them then?

A moment of thinking went by before the lady clicked her tongue, finally taking Link's money while commenting," I'm ain't sure what it is, but I can say ya' too pretty. Hylian girls ain't meant to be so pretty."

"Oh, I d-doubt that's true. I've seen very beautiful Hylian woman around."

"My point is," the lady ignored (Y/n)'s words, counting the rupees she was given," ya' better keep watch. Men take a likin' to pretty girls like ya'."

Link took the bagged bread along with (Y/n)'s hand, squeezing it," thank you for the advice. We'll be careful."

In a hurry, he lead the way out of the bakery, not letting go of (Y/n)'s hand until they returned a room at the inn and got inside. When there in safety, he locked the door, sighing and pressing his back against it.

Sure, no boyfriend wouldn't necessarily enjoy looks men throw at his girlfriend, but the looks from the men in that village weren't any good and he doubted the men's intentions would be any better. Hell, even the guy at the front desk couldn't seem to stop staring with lust in his eyes!

After leaving the door, he found a spot sitting next to (Y/n) on the bed. He took out a loaf of bread from the bag, breaking it in haft and handing her a piece which she took with a small 'thank you'.

There was mostly silence until the female paused, hesitantly asking in a whisper-like voice," do you think my father will be searching for me because he actually loves me and doesn't want to lose his daughter, or do you think he'll try to find me because it can end bad for himself?"

"What makes you ask that?" Link froze, shocked at the question," I-I'm sure he loves you. He is your father after all."

(Y/n) thought for a moment, shrugging," Brook's mother grew up in a Hylian hunting village like this one, at least, that's what I heard."