|| Chapter 25 || Love Is Possible

A/n: The picture above is of Lil. It's the best I could draw using Microsoft paint :p~ Maple

~~~

News of what was going on must have never reacted the tavern yet, because when Link busted through the door, the few people who were inside seemed perfectly content. There was five Hylian males playing a game of poker in the back corner with two Amadhians, an Amadhian mother eating with her two sons at one table, and Lil who was at the bar counter cleaning glass mugs till they sparkled.

She peered up from her work when seeing the door open, smiling her usual friendly smile," hello there, Link. Didn't think you'd be coming by today."

"Have you not heard about what's going on outside?" Link questioned, shutting the door behind him.

"Why? What's going on?" Lil set the mug she worked on down, her eyes going from happy to concerned within a split second.

Link walked to the counter, keeping his voice low so he wouldn't freak out the customers inside," Princess (Y/n) made this speech in the center of town not long ago. Long story short, people didn't like it. There's a bunch of fights going on and they've even started vandalizing buildings along with businesses."

Lil gasped, breaking her eyes away from Link to her customers. She thought for a moment," how far have they gotten?"

"I'm not sure. I ran off to warn you in case. I didn't know if anyone else was here to help."

"Thanks. News always gets here late. If their vandalizing buildings now, I don't think it will be long until people bring their trouble here," she whispered her words while coming around the counter and hurrying to the back corner were the men were, Link following behind.

The men all howled their laughter, one hitting the other over his shoulder causing him to spit the beer he was drinking everywhere, only making them all laugh more. Lil approached the table, tapping the tallest Amadhian to get his attention. It took him a second to stop laughing and turn to Lil, smiling," something ya' need, Lila?"

"Zander, there's trouble in the Capital," Lil's voice was soft with not a trace of worry like before.

"They breaking stuff?" A Hylian man with the same golden skin as Lil's, hummed through his beer mug which made his words echo.

"Yep."

The first man, Zander, took his own beer, finishing it in one sip the same way the others did. Together, they slammed the mugs on the table and stood to their feet. Zander set a hand on top Lil's head," don't you worry, Lila. We'll get everything fixed right up for ya'."

The men marched like soldiers to the front, pushing tables against the door and closing off the windows as if it was some kind of retinue of theirs. Next, Lil went to the woman who was already standing on her feet since the men passed by. Lil didn't need to say a word to her because she spoke first, her eyes locking with the Hylians," trouble in the Capital?"

"Yes, ma'am. I think best for you and your sons to stay here for the time being."

"Wasn't even thinking of leaving you alone," the lady turned to the men, shouting," now you boys shut it all up tight for Ms. Lila! No one's gettin' in here!"

Link was amazed at the teamwork they used. The men barricaded the front of the room while the two females raced around blowing out all the lanterns expect one. The last lantern was carried by the women who directed her sons into the back-employee room, all three staying in there for the time being.

The second the employee room door closed, the main room went pitch dark. Lil sat in the corner alone, Link quietly walked to her side, sitting in another chair," you all seem prepared for this kind of thing."