|| Chapter 40 || Fate Can Be Sweet

Link walked into the room, closing the door behind himself while quickly spotting (Y/n) sitting in the window seal, snacking on grapes. When hearing the door open, she glanced over to him," what did she say?"

"She said we can stay here as long as we want and that we're safe. I'll believe it. How about you?" The Hylian found a seat next to her.

"I agree. Aeshia is kind enough and doesn't seem to have anything to gain by helping my father, in fact, she doesn't sound to like him at all," she held out the bowl, letting Link take a few grapes to throw in his mouth.

"See? Things are finally looking up for us," he chuckled.

(Y/n) nodded in silent agreement, moving to lean against Link, pulling his arm around herself and holding it to her chest. Without complaint, he moved her closer and leaned back against the window frame. The golden sun light outlined them both perfectly, showing an equally shiny land ahead.

"Funny how big this kingdom appears yet neither of us have ever heard about it before," (Y/n) whispered," we may have only been here a day, but I think I prefer this place over Amadahy."

"Me too."

They stayed like that for a while, enjoying the sunset with each other. For the first time in their whole relationship, they felt completely safe from judgment.

In Anicetus, it was easy to see people were a mix of Hylians and Amadhians both, however, they get along as equals. No race shoved the other around, reminding them of their place, there wasn't any murders to prove points, or riots to start 'change'...It was something from a dream.

"(Y/n)..."

She hummed, tugging her eyes away from the view to look up at Link," yes?"

"If this kingdom is truly the way we're seeing it as now, let's stay here."

"You really like it here that much?"

"We can be happy here. Just look at this place. Our love wouldn't be out of the norm. Aeshia already said it. We'll be married in the future, at least, there's a chance of it. We could make a life of our own here and we wouldn't have to worry about your father or anyone else."

(Y/n) leaned forward, pressing a kiss to his cheek," that's true."

"Let's at least give this place a chance. If we like it, we can stay, right?" Lightly tugging on her arms, Link moved them to drape over his shoulders.

"Right," falling into his own arms, (Y/n) let her lips land on his where they melted together perfectly.

With one hand on her back, Link held her closer while letting his other hand rest against her cheek. (Y/n) wrapped her arms around his neck, playing with his hair when he suddenly licked her bottom lip which took her by shock. Hesitantly, she opened her mouth, a bit curious since neither had gotten all that far with their kisses before.

Feeling just as awkward about it, Link slowly swirled his tongue in her mouth. It was a new movement on his part, yet the feeling was oddly enjoyed. Besides, (Y/n) hadn't pushed him away is disgust so he must've been doing it right.

Pulling back, he decided to experiment by taking his lips to her bare neck, leaving behind a trail of feather light kisses that made the female shiver," y-you seem bold."

"Do you not enjoy it?" Worried, Link moved away, looking into her eyes.

Shaking her head, she kissed his nose," I like it. I just didn't expect it."

"I just thought I'd try it," trying to push the embarrassed feeling away, he pecked her lips one last time before standing," I'm going to take a shower unless you want to."

"I'm fine," (Y/n) stood as well, smiling," I think I'll go ask Aeshia or Aatto if there's a library around. I feel like there'd be some good books to read."

~~~

Link ran a hand through his hair, trying to get all the soap out. His thoughts began to wander a bit to his parents and what he had recently learned about them.

They were a part of the H.R.F. at one point, but they weren't killed by the Royal Family which makes what Aryan said only half true. He must've been involved with their murders, that or he heard about it from someone else. Hylia, he knows it isn't right to hate but that's the exact feeling he had towards Aryan.

In his mom's diary, she mentioned the H.R.F. having a plan to kidnap and kill (Y/n). It's common knowledge that Hylians had put such plan into motion. Luckily, they failed with finishing it and (Y/n) was saved. Thank goodness for that.

If Link never met (Y/n), he could have been beaten to death back in the Capital. If that man would've let him go on his own, he still wouldn't have any better of a life. He'd still be at the village, not understanding why all Amadhians were cruel. For once, Link was happy about how fate has turned out.