|| Chapter 2 || A Visit To The Capital

It was early morning, the time of day were drops of dew still made the grass sparkle in the light. The sky was painted with different colors as the sun awoken, waking up the land when it did. The village was getting ready for the day just the same. Women cooked breakfast as children hung on their father's legs, wishing they'd stay and play instead of going to work even if they knew that begging got them no where.

Link spent the morning with the Abberlines. Mrs. Abberline had cooked an amazing tasting breakfast made of eggs, bacon, and even toast spread with goat butter for everyone since today was also the day Link would be heading out to the Capital. This made the village a rumored filled mess...

"You should bring something back for me. Something like flowers. I've heard the flowers in the fields there are beautiful, better than the ones here," Amber sat next to Link, talking nonstop about the Capital town," they apparently have a spring that runs right through the field so the plants get tons of water. Plus, the sun rises over the Capital so they get lots of sun light too~"

"Who told you that?" He asked, taking a drink of milk while looking to the redhead in the coner of his eyes.

"Ms. Lillian did! She told me there were flowers of all different colors. Reds, blues, purples, you name the color and its there!"

"Ms. Lillian has never even been to the Capital. The only time she's ever left the village was to go to visit her sister who, might I add, doesn't live anywhere close to the Capital herself," Mrs. Abberline stated, setting a plate of food in front of her daughter who pouted.

"But her sister's husband's brother had! He brought back flowers for Ms. Lillian's sister so can you do the same for me too, Link?" She looked to her friend with puppy-dog eyes causing Link smiled, nodding.

"Alright. I bring you back the best flowers I can find."

"Yes! Oh thank you, Link!" Amber shot up from her chair, dancing around happily till her mother told her to sit down while doing so herself.

Amber frowned but did as her mother told her. As they all began eating, Mr. Abberline entered the room with a short, skinny, man from the the village following his every step.

"Come on, Abberline, you must do somethin' about it. We ain't got much money and I gotta wife and child at home. How do I feed them if I ain't got money?" The man complaint as Mr. Abberline sighed, turning to face him.

"Mr. Baker, I have no power when it comes to the laws the Capital sends and I can't travel all that way at my old age just to complain besides, the village needs me here. We'll all find a way, as I've told you numerous times before."

"What good is it if we all starve to death here? Why don't you send someone else to talk to the King-"

"-Because then they'd be in danger. I'm sorry, Mr. Baker, but I just won't go nor will I send someone else to stand up in front of the King for me," with that, Mr. Baker huffed, glaring at the mayor before turning on his heel.

"I don't know why we all try! We ain't nothin' anymore! Just dirt! That's all we're good for now," was his last words before the sound of a door slamming echoed through the room.

No one said a word as they kept their eyes down. Mr. Abberline plopped down in this chair while his wife pasted him a plate, whispering to him how 'things will get better' and 'they just don't see how hard this is'. 

Link thought back to Mr. Baker's words, remembering how he said someone should go talk to the King. No one had ever seen the King in person up close expect Mr. Abberline when he was in his younger days but even then he was told to keep his eyes down and not to make eye contract with the royals...It was a crime to look them in the eyes some said...