|| Chapter 10 || The Law Change

Today is a quiet day with not much going on but, for the peaceful village, this is considered normal. On days like this, Link and Amber would sit by the fence surrounding the farm fields where goats grazed on the long grass. They'd either talk about different things or simply sit there in silence and watch the calm creatures. Sometimes, Amber would even run out to pet a few.

"How's your father doing? I haven't see him all day," Link asked, looking to Amber who laid over the fence rail, staring into the field boredly.

"He's good other than the fact everyone's been bugging him with different problems lately. Ever since sunrise, people have been coming to our house complaining about anything and everything. I feel bad for my father...he needs rest..." she looked down, her voice a whisper. 

Link hummed, thinking about the poor mayor who most likely sat in the Village Hall, listening to everything the villagers had to say. It must be a lot of stress, especially for someone who's growing in age. 

There was silence that passed, the only sounds being the wind that blew past the two and the occasional sounds of farm animals. Amber sat straight, crossing her arms over the fence post and staring out down by the path leading towards the village. After a moment, she titled her head, looking to Link who had his eyes closed," hey look, someones coming towards the village. I've never seen them before. Maybe their visitors?"

The teen opened his eyes, seeing his friend was right. Two horses, one a dappled grey horse, the other a tan one with a black mane. Upon closer exception, he noticed they wore yellow and red horse armor; their riders wearing the same colors.

"Come on," he turned, running off towards the village. Amber's eyes went wide.

"Wait, where are we going?" She jumped off the fence, running after her friend as quickly as she could.

By the time Link would see the Village hall, the horses were already there. They both sat outside, tied to a wooden post while chewing on the grass around them. Amber just manged to reach him as he headed to the door of the place," what...are you doing...?"

He didn't say anything, he only opened the door, entering the hall despite Amber's protest. The second Link stepped inside, all eyes turned on him. Mr. Abberline stood there along with two of the royal family's knights of honor. The mayor cleared his throat, stepping forward a bit," L-Link, is something wrong?"

"No, I just-" Link paused, Amber entering the room in a rush, grabbing his arm.

"Link, come on. We should-" she closed her mouth the second she saw the two Amadhians. She glared at them, hiding behind Link a bit," what are knights doing here again?"

"Like I was saying, we brought news from the royal family," Camron looked from the two teens to Mr. Abberline, his cold grey eyes narrowed like always. Mr. Abberline just stared at him, his face reflecting both shock and disbelief. Camron sighed," you'll need to call a meeting again."

"R-Right...If you'd excuse me, I'll call everyone here. Link, Amber, did you need anything?" He asked, clearing his throat. Both shook their heads," then be on your way, please. I don't want you to listen to anymore meetings."

"Yes, sir."

"Yes, father."

The two teens exited the Village Hall, Amber kicking the dirt the second they reached the outside," they've most likely came to take even more of our money away, those damn royals! Can't they give my father a break for once? He's already so stressed and now more knights have come with more news! How dare they!"

"A-Amber, I'm sure they've come for a different reason. They don't need any more money from us," Link assured his friend, following her as she marched off.