|| Chapter 16 || Family Mystery

The house Link bought wasn't anything too special, but it wasn't anything bad either. Last time he visited the Capital, he saw it for sell while enjoying the festival with Amber. It was a reasonable price for being somewhere so populated, however, it was in the Hylian area of the city. 

It was a normal sized house with plenty of room for being called home by only one person. When first walking through the front door, you were greeted with a silk white hallway that lead to a small stair case. Before the stairs were two doors placed directly across from one another. The one on the left went to the living room, the other went to the kitchen. 

The living room was empty at the moment, not that it was a surprise. The whole house was pretty empty. There was a fireplace only a few feet wide, one that could fit maybe two people max in front of it. A square window not only showed the street, but also gave some nice light to the dark space. 

The kitchen had a squeaky wooden table pushed against the far wall. It's cabinets were painted brown as some made creaking sounds when opening them. The floor, just like the rest of the house, was wooden which meant winter was going to be ruff unless Link wore socks everyday.

Upstairs wasn't too interesting. There were two bedrooms at the end of the hallway and one bathroom. The bathroom was smaller and so was one of the rooms at least, it appeared smaller with the closest build into the wall. 

Yes, the house wasn't anything great, but everything was in alright shape. Link could already tell he was going to do fine living there.

He kept the door open with a short little box in order for him to be able to carry more boxes inside the new home. There, he'd set his few things in the living room. Later, he planned to move them to the places they really belonged.

He didn't pack too much compared to what most people who bring, however, there was still a lot of work ahead of him for the day.

Sighing, Link set another box down, taking a step back for a short rest. It was quite a work out lifting so many boxes on your own. 

"Yoo-hoo~ Anyone home?" the quiet air was filled with a familiar voice, one Link couldn't match to a name all too quickly. 

Confused, he peeked around the corner, his eyes wide. There, outside the open door, stood Lil, a container in her hands. Behind her stood none other than Aryan and Olly, both looking impatience. 

Link debated whether or not to simply ignore them or speak up. If he didn't say anything, they could stand there all day, making it to where he could never get everything moved in before night falls and thieves come out of the shadows. 

"What are you guys doing here?" He finally spoke reluctantly. 

Lil looked to him, smiling brightly like she always did," there you are! I told you two this was the right house."

Aryan rolled his eyes, crossing his arms while Olly studied him then copied much like a little sister would.

"We came to visit you and welcome you to the neighborhood. News of new comers spreads like wildfire around here, ya' know," Lil laughed. Despite what she said, Link had a pretty good idea that it was because they were probably stalking him still. 

'And I thought I saw the last of them...' He walked around the corner, over to the small group.

"I thought you all lived in the H.R.F. or whatever you called it," he commented, earning a glare from Olly.

"We can live where ever we want-"

"-Here, I made you this," Lil quickly cut off the younger female, shoving the container into Link's hands," they're brownies. It's a special recipe that's been in my family for a while now. Think of it as a house warming gift."