23#Seokjin

Genre; sad
-

Seokjin
I held her tightly as she was struggling to move around her hospital bed. "Dont move!" I scolded her and she gave out a guilty smile. "Why are you even still here? Im a bother." She said as she gulped her glass of water wiping off the access water on her face. "Why? Because i care about you." I replied patting her head.

"And also, because i love you."

Her eyes widend and avoided my eyes as i stare at her. "If i couldnt move anymore, would you still love me?" "does it matter?"

I turned her head and placed a kiss on her lips as she returned it.

We pulled away and her eyes got teary. "Why are you crying?" I panickily asked as i try to wipe her tears away. She gave a smile. "I love you." "I love you too."
-

A tear rolled down my cheak as i see her suffer on her bed again. The doctors pushed me away from her as they checked on her. For the second time today. The doctors went outside her room. "Is she okay?!" I alsed them. "She is... but she has problems of moving her hands. It may be hard for her to move her hand because of the pain." With that, he went away as i ran inside her room.

I saw her there, pale skin and tear stains all over her cheeks. I carassed her cheek as i interwine my hands to hers. "Seokjinie?" Her soft voice called out.

I hugged her softly while she tried moving her hands to hug me back, unfortunately failed.

My tears rolled nonestop. We knew. We all knew that she was close to dying. So did she. I let out full sobs and we sobbed together. "I love you." I answered. I was expecting an answer but none came out. "If i cant touch you anymore, would you still love me?" she said. I hugged her tighter. "No matter what I'll still love you."
-

"Mr. Kim. She- her heart has been skipping a few beats from time to time. Her heart may even stop beating if it doesnt get better." The doctor said bowing before he left. "We will try our best to get a replacement for her heart." He added.

I stopped in front of her room, impatiently waiting to go inside. Excited to see her, but not how she's suffering.

I wiped my left eye, seeing her again inside the room, as she faintly smile at me. I ran up to her, interlocking my hands with hers and latching my lips to hers. "Look seokjinie, i can move my hands now! It doesnt hurt!" She proudly said. Behind all the smiles, i may never know what she really feels. "If my heart stopped beating, would you still love me?" "No matter what ill love you to death." I sat beside her continuing to kiss her. "I love you." She said inbetween the kiss. "I love you more."
-

"Mr. Kim, her heart has been skipping beats a bit longer. About like less than two days, her heart may stop beating. And we have not found a replacement yet." "Ill be the replacement." I clutched the bottom of my shirt as my heart broke a thousand of pieces.

Im sorry, im doing this for your own sake. Please forgive me.

"Are you sure mr. Kim. If then, the surgery may start at midnight." He wrote something and gave a paper, i signed and he left.

Here i am again. I opened the door, not waking her up and layed next to her wrapping my arms around her waist as she whimper in her sleep.

A tear slid down her cheeks as she continue to get a nightmare.

I wiped her tears and stroked her head as she stopped and opened her eyes.

She looked at me with her eyes sparkling with joy. "Seokjinie! I missed you!" She pressed her head on my chest and i kept stroking her head. "I missed you too."

Will we never be able do this again?

11:57 how long have i been with her on bed?

Yes thats right, 7 hours. My tears fell as the clock stroke to 11:59. "I love you so much dear. Take care." I pecked her forehead for the last time hearing the clock strike to twelve.

I stood up, before i knew it, i was surrounded by doctors.

My eyes felt blury and a last tear came out before my vision faded to black never to see the light again.
-

Your POV
I woke up without seokjin beside me. All i know was, i felt fresh, new and healthy. But something didnt feel right. I was empty, i couldnt feel anything, it felt like something was taken away from me.

The door opened, showing the doctor. "Mrs. Choi, your awake. I cant really explain so," he handed me an envelope "ill be taking my leave now."

The envelope looked rushed and it had stains on it.

I carefully opened the envelope.

"Wherever i am, ill always be in your heart. From Seokjin."

Inside the envelope was another paper. I quickly grabbed it, revealing an operation. "Heart transplant..."

It hit me. I clutched my heart. My shirt got wet, not knowing i was crying really hard. "Seokjinie" a name came out my mouth. The person who loved me so much. The person who i loved so much.

The boy who saved me.

Thinking of not seeing him, thinking of his heart on mine made me feel like a monster. Its my fault. He died because of me. I should've died instead of him dying.
-

"I missed you so much. Its been a year and i cant stop thinking about you. I just cant abandon you." You spoke softly while slowly putting my favorite flowers on my tombstone.

You kneeled down while i sat beside you.

You kept clutching your heart whe panting heavily.

"Its winter now, arent you cold?" You asked me giving a lifeless chuckle at the end. "Who would hold your hands and my hands if they were cold?"

You carassed my name on my tombstone wiping the dust away.

"Hey," you began while your voice shivered, not being be able to tell wether you were shivering from the cold or because of your crying.

"If i were a monster, would you still love me?"

You collapsed and fell down, but in a blink, you were still sitting on your knees praying for an answer. I slowly reached out for you wrapping my arms around you, warming you from the cold.

"Why wouldnt i, you were never a monster. Ill always love you, forever." I said smiling, feeling the nostalgic moment and feeling the warmth.

You wrapped your arms around mines. "I love you."

"I love you too."

END

Inspired by 'seasonal feathers'