"You didn't see that coming?"

There wasn't a cloud in the sky as I stared up into the night sky. The sand was cool against my back and bare feet. Many nights were like. Almost too many.

  Too many nights waking up scared and alone in a cold, empty cabin.

  Too many nights where my own screams woke me up.

  Too many nights where my failures haunted me.

  Too many- my body went rigid when the bushes rustled behind me. Slowly, I pulled Riptide out of my pocket and rested my finger on the cap.

  "Fancy seeing you here." I jump up and uncap Riptide. Three foot sword glowed in  the night. "Woah! I come in peace." The figure stepped closer with their hands raised.
  "Apollo?" I drop my sword and stand normally. "What are you doing here?" I cap Riptide and put it back in my pocket.
  "I could ask you the same thing." I huffed. I begin walking back to my cabin.
  "Hey, wait!" I don't slow as Apollo catches up.
  "Lower your voice! You'll alert the Harpies!" I walk even faster, hoping that he will flash away and leave me in peace.
  "The what?" I roll my eyes.
  "The Harpies." I whisper. He's right next to me now. He leans away from me a bit. A look of displeasure in his face.
  "What is that face for?"
  "What face?" My eyebrows draw together and I walk faster, almost jogging.
  "The face you were just making."
  "I wasn't making a face." I pull Riptide out of my pocket and fiddle with it.
  "It was totally-" Apollo gets cut off when a shriek is heard. I freeze and so does Apollo. "What was that?" His hot breath tickles my ear.
  "Harpies." I growl out.

   I grab him and start running, not needing to see where I'm going. I look over my shoulder and see about four running after us. I quicken my speed as the cabins come into view.

   Seconds later, I running up the steps and throwing open the door. Apollo slams it close and I hear the Harpies whining and huffing. I rest my hands on my knees and catch my breath. Apollo leans against the door, his chest heaving.

  "I do not want to do that again." I straighten me posture.
  "Then don't show up at night you idiot." He half-heartily glares at me. "Why are you here in the first place?"
  "Chiron thought it would be a good idea to hold an archery contest instead of a chariot race."

   I smile, thinking of all the good times we had with those chariots. 'You won't have them again' My smile drops. I shake my head, as if that will make the thoughts go away.

  "Well, you should go to the Big House." I walk over to my bed and sit down.
  "But it's boring there."
  "Then stay with your kids."
  "I'm getting the feeling you don't want me here." Apollo crosses his arms gives me a grumpy face. I almost laugh.
  "What gave that away?" His face gets even more grumpy.
  "Everyone likes me." I raise an eyebrow.
  "You know someone named everyone? What an interesting name."
  "You know, I am a god."
  "You know, I don't care." I smirk at his disgruntled face. I take off my shoes and shove them under the bed with my feet. 
  "You didn't see that coming?"
  "Jerk."
  "Bitch." (Anyone get it?) "If you're not staying with your kids or at the Big House then where?" I incline my head towards him.
  "Here." My eyebrows shoot up.
  "Uh, no." It's Apollo's turn to smirk.
  "Uh, yes." I stand up and cross my arms.
  "I'm not going back out there." He pints behind him with his thumb. I squint my eyes at him.
  "You could flash somewhere."
  "Where's the fun in that?" He walks up to me, confidence basically leaking out of him.
  "Apollo," I warn.
  "Percy," he says in the same tone.
  "Just for tonight?" I open my mouth to protest. "Or else I'll stay here for the whole time I'm at camp. Bugging you night and day."
  "What about when you drive the chariot?" He's basically hovering over me.
  "Artemis will be driving it while I'm here." I think about the options. I search his cobalt blue eyes to see a joke, a prank. I find none. I throw my hands up.
  "Fine."
  "Yay!" I raise an eyebrow. He coughs awkwardly and rubs the back of his neck.
  "I mean, uh, this should be fun?" I roll my eyes and walk to the dresser, pulling out some pajamas.
  "Pick a bed." I look over my shoulder at Apollo. "Thats not mine."

  I walk over to the bathroom and walk in, locking the door behind me. I quickly change and brush my teeth and hair. I put my hair in a messy bun and walk out. Apollo is fluffing the pillow of the bed right next to mine. He's wearing grey sweat pants and a white shirt. His shirt is tight, so I can see the way his muscles move as he fluffs his pillow. He stands back up and looks at me with a smirk.

  "Are you gonna watch or actually go to bed?" I blink and continue walking to my bed.
  "I wasn't watching." I defend. I turn away from him so he can't see me burning face.
  "Yeah, and I'm not the sun god." The bed creaks when I fall on it. I pull the covers out from under me and settle in. I see Apollo do the same.
  "Good night Percy." I right over and tune the light off.
  "Night Apollo."

Tell me what you think...