"Apollo!"

Percy's POV

I collapse on my bed. Today was exhausting. I close my eyes and take a deep breath to relax. Someone knocks on my door and I groan.
"Come in!" I shout. I don't really feel like moving. I hear the door open and close. I feel the bed dip and someone touch my leg. I crack open an eye and I see Apollo.

"Hey."
"Hi," I whisper back. I close my eyes. Apollo runs his his hand up and down my leg.
"How're you doing?"
"Fine." I say dryly. I feel him move so he's sitting next to my torso instead of my legs.
"Don't lie to me." And that's when the tears come. Apollo pulls me into his lap and gently strokes me hair. I cry into his chest as he comforts me.

After my sons turn into sniffles I pull away.
"What's going on in that head of yours." I laugh a little and rub at my eyes.
"You don't want to know." Apollo pulls my hands away. His face is serious and intense. So different than his laughing and carefree expressions.
"Please. I want to help." I take a deep breath.
"I'm scared." I take a deep breath. "I'm scared that we'll lose. That I'll fail. That everyone I care about dies." I look into Apollo's eyes. "I'm scared that I'll lose you." My voice breaks at the end. Apollo pulls be back into his arms and I tuck my head under his chin. He gently strokes my back.
"We won't lose and you won't fail. You will never lose me." He says this with so much determination that I practically melt. I pull away and look into his eyes.
  "Thank you."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Percy's POV

We stop at the sewer hole. I see the Chaotics say goodbye and I get many hugs from them. Poseidon comes over and hugs me tightly.
"I'll be fine dad." I reassure him.
"I know I just," he sighs. I give him one last squeeze and he walks away, acting like he wasn't just about to cry. I feel someone behind me and I turn around. Apollo is standing there with his bow, the string cutting into his muscular chest. I stare a bit too long than necessary but hey, if you have a hot boyfriend why not stare a little.

Something flashes in Apollo's eyes and before I can do anything he grabs my waist with one hand and tangles his other in my hair. He pulls me into a long and passionate kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck. I hear a couple gasps and a few squeals. Apollo pulls away leaving me breathless and flustered.

"Be careful okay? I know you're gonna be heroic and save the day but make sure to look after yourself too."
"Okay." I press my lips against his one more time.
   Apollo then jogs off into position. "Stay safe!" I call after him. He turns around while still jogging and winks at me.
"Only if you do the same." I smile after him and then to see everyone staring. "What?" I shrug.
"If he doesn't die I'm gonna kick his ass." Poseidon growls out. I roll my eyes.
"Yeah sure dad." I then proceed to open the sewer hole. "You all should go. We got a schedule to keep." I salute them and jump down into the sewers.

--------------------------------------------------------------

We run out of the building as fast as we can. I use my wings to go faster.
"ITS GONNA BLOW! RETREAT! RETREAT!!" I shout at the top of my lungs. I see demigods and gods kill off their monster than run back to the trees. I scan the area quickly. I see a flash of orange and yellow. Apollo's helping someone kill off their monster and he looks exhausted. I see him flash the kid away but he seems ready to collapse.
'8 ... 7 ... 6' I can hear the timer.
"APOLLO!" I fly towards him like a bullet.
'5 ... 4 ...' His head snaps up to meet my eyes. '3 ... 2 ..' he mouths something. So close.

'..1'

"I love you."

I'm blinded by white and thrown back.

MUAHAHAHA!!! Be prepared. Cause the next chapters are going to be hell. Tell me your thoughts!

Vote, comment and follow!

~Dot