"Maybe you should start acting like it!"

Darkness consumes me. I smell blood and acid. Things brush against me and I swing my sword into the darkness.

  "Percy!" I whip around, peering into the darkness.
  "Annabeth?"
  "Percy? Where are you?!" I sprint towards her voice.
  "Annabeth!"
  "You said you wouldn't abandon me! Why did you lie?!"
  "Annabeth I didn't!" Annabeth appears in front of me. Her blonde hair is a mess, covered in blood and dirt. Her clothes are ruined and she's bleeding from multiple places.
  "You abandoned me! You left me in here to die!" Her dagger swings out and I duck.
  "I'm sorry!"
  "You lied!" Duck.
  "You left me!" Jump.
  "It's your fault!" Parry. I block Annabeth's strike. Annabeth's bloody face leans in next to me. "You killed me." A scream erupts from my throat. I fall to the ground.

   My eyes shoot open. Apollo leans over me. His hands on my shoulders and eyebrows drawn with worry.

  "Percy, it's alright. It's over." My eyes sting with tears. I shove the blankets off and rush past Apollo into the bathroom. I lean against the door, tears falling down my cheeks. I sink to the ground as a sob escapes my mouth.

  I hear the pipes under the sink rattle and I cover my hand with my mouth. I force the tears away and wipe my face with my hands. With shaking legs, I stand and grip the sink. I raise my eyes and look in the mirror. My eyes are bloodshot and my skin is pale but red and sweaty. I grimace. I look like a mess. My hand shakes slightly as I turn the water on.

   The cold water helps clear my face but I still feel like crap. I wait a couple of minutes to just breathe before I open the bathroom door.

   Apollo is sitting where I left him. He's just staring where I was once laying.

  "Apollo?" I ask hesitantly. His head whips around to face me. He stands up and walks over. I take half a step backwards. He notices and stops. His eyes search my face, looking for something I don't know. He swallows.
  "Are you okay?" A laugh escapes my lips and I see him grimace slightly.
  "Am I okay? The question is when am I not okay?" I walk past him.
  "Percy," His voice is like when a mother scolds her child. I whip around.
  "What Apollo? What am I suppose to tell you?" Apollo, for once, is speechless.
  "I don't know Percy. Maybe tell me how I can help you?" He states.
  "Why would you want to help me Apollo? Why would any god want to help me?!"
  "Because maybe we're not all assholes?!"
  "Well maybe you should start acting like it!" I cross my arms.
  "Percy," Apollo looks around the room.
  "What?" I spit out.
  "Calm down." I furrow my brows.
  "Why?"
  "The cabin is shaking." I uncross my arms. Sure enough, the pictures on the walls are shaking. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I feel the tremors and stop them. I open my eyes to find Apollo staring at me intently.
  "You should go," I wrap my arms around myself.
  "Percy," Apollo reaches out and takes a step closer. I take a step away.
  "Please." Apollo sighs.
  "Okay," he walks towards the door and closes it softly behind him. A bright light seeps under the door and then it's gone.
I sigh. I'm suppose to control my powers. I was doing great. Maybe I should talk to Chiron tomorrow.

   I crawl into bed and switch off the light. And for once, I don't get any dreams.

   I groan as the sun fills the room with light. Sadly, I fling my covers off and grab some clothes. I change and brush my hair and teeth. I put my hair in a pony and I'm out the door.

   I say hi to other campers as I make my way to the Big House. Chiron is standing at the bottom of the steps talking with someone. As I get closer, I see who is talking to. Apollo. I withhold a groan.

  "How long are you going to be staying here?" Chiron asks.
  "The whole summer," Apollo replies.
  "And I assume you will be staying in your cabin?"
  "Well, I was-"
  "Yes he will be staying with his kids," I interrupt. Apollo and Chiron turn to me.
  "Good morning Percy!" Chiron smiles.
  "Morning Chiron," I smile back.
  "Apollo here is going to spend the whole summer here, training the campers for an archery competition,"
  "I believe the campers will enjoy that," I respond.
  "Percy can you give Apollo a tour of the camp? I have some business to attend to concerning the strawberry fields." Chiron walks towards the strawberry fields.
  "Say hi to the Demeter cabin for me!" I call after him. Chiron waves his hand in acknowledgement. Apollo clears his throat.
  "Let's go," I turn away from him and begin to walk.
  "Percy can we talk?" Apollo walks next to me.
  "Talk about what Apollo?" I make my way to the archery range, given that he'll spend most of his time there.
  "Last night."
  "Nothing happened last night to talk about," I wave to a camper.
  "So I'm just suppose to forget that you made your cabin shake because you were angry?" I stop and turn to him.
  "Yes Apollo. I'm working on it okay?" I begin walking again. More campers are coming out and noticing the god.
  "Are you?" I turn and glare at him.
  "Yes Apollo. I'm working with Chiron to control my powers. So drop it."
  "Percy," Apollo starts.
  "Why does this concern you? Why do you care?"
  "Because I should. You said that we should pay more attention to demigods' lives."
  "Yeah, you should. But I was mainly talking about your kids and how fucked up it is when you send them off to die not giving a damn."
  "Percy!" I turn away from Apollo to see Piper walking towards us. I smile at Piper, grateful for the distraction.
  "Hey Piper, hows it going?" I hug Piper.
  "As good as it can get. Who's with you?" Piper peers over my shoulder.
  "How do you not-"
  "This is Apollo. He's here to train the campers in archery." Piper gives a slight bow.
  "Hello Lord Apollo," she smiles sweetly.
  "Finally, someone who appreciates me," Apollo crosses his arms. I roll my eyes.
  "Come on, I got to show you the archery range," I start walking again and Piper and Apollo follow.
  "So, I heard that you're hosting an archery competition?"
  "Yeah, we thought it would be fun for the campers. And a bit safer than a chariot race."
  "You guys had a chariot race?!" Piper looks over at me. I smile as I remember the fun we had.
  "Yep, it was fun. It was dangerous but we're half bloods, that's just who we are." I sling an arm over Pipers shoulders. "Let's give Apollo the tour." Apollo gives me a look when I begin to walk off with Piper. He follows.