3. Tricked

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 3: Tricked

There was a family gathering today. The two of you were meeting your parents at Soo Hyuk's parent's house. 

You had been alone home, in Soo Hyuk's house for hours now. He went out somewhere, you didn't know where he was, but you figured that it was for work.

You sat at the rooftop and looked out at the clear blue river. You were quite lucky to live close to the river. 

You had a really beautiful and soothing view. You secretly loved this area and his home was nice too. It wasn't too big or small, nor scary.

You sighed as you looked out. You really didn't feel like you were married to Soo Hyuk. Soo Hyuk didn't become warmer after the wedding ceremony.

He was just as cold as he was before you got married. He seemed completely uninterested in you. You wondered about what you did wrong and did he really hate this marriage?

You sighed deeply once more and got up. You had to get ready and find an outfit for the evening dinner at Soo Hyuk's parents house. 

You really didn't feel like going, because your parents would be there and you will have to act like everything is okay and it's not. Your husband doesn't even speak with you.

You showered and wrapped a towel around you and started to put your makeup on. It was your first dinner with the Lee family after your wedding. You knew that you had to keep that poker face on in front of your parents.

You wondered if Mrs. Lee knew that her son was cold towards you, he ignores and pretends that you aren't around. You kept sighing at the thought.

Once you were done with your makeup and hair, you slid into your dress. It was a khaki colored dress , your left shoulder was bare and it had a thigh high slit on left. The dress was tight and fit you smoothly.

It showcased your round and curved body and your slim waist. It was a bit bolder than what you had worn before in front of Soo Hyuk. The color of the dress made your skin tone more look nicer and your brown hair. It matched your look.

You took a deep breath after adjusting the last things and putting your beige high heels on. It was 6pm. You figured that you would be going there alone without Soo Hyuk's company, since he hadn't showed up.

You walked down the long corridor and froze all of a sudden, when you saw a shadow appear, a few meters away and you stopped.

Soo Hyuk walked out in front of you and he headed towards you. You stood still and looked into his eyes.

"Give me 10 minutes and I'll meet you outside." He said.

His gaze met yours for a second and he walked past you.

"Huh?" You turned around and looked at him as he headed towards his room.

"I have to get changed." He quickly added and you understood him and walked outside.

When you got outside, you quickly noticed that his car was parked in front of you. He hadn't called for a driver. You waited outside near his car whilst Soo Hyuk got ready.

Soo Hyuk walked into his room and sighed. He narrowed his eyes, when he could smell something different. It was the scent of cherry blossoms, the scent of a woman. He shook his head and sighed out. You had been using his room and he had been sleeping on the couch.

Soo Hyuk couldn't use the guest house in case his family came by. Hence he had to stay in the house or things could get really messy. His father would be pissed at him, if he found out that he was this distant to you.