34. Is It A Double Date?

Bittersweet Notions of Forever

Chapter 34: Is It A Double Date?

"We want you and Nara to come out with us today for dinner and paintball. Minah said that she wants to meet Nara. You have to come and bring your wife." Woo Bin said and hung up on his older friend, before he could open his mouth and protest.

Soo Hyuk stared out on the view from his office, and he ran his palm down his face. He let out a deep sigh, after his friend hung up on him. Woo Bin was serious, when he talked about going on a double date.

He placed his phone down on his desk and leaned into his leather chair, letting his body fall down like light feathers.

He groaned, and called your department phone. A minute passed by, as he waited for you to pick up your phone. He groaned, as his patience ran out, and hung up, because you didn't pick up your call.

He got up from his chair, and took his private phone, and muttered under his breath, wondering about how to deliver this message.

He rang you up and waited for you to pick up your phone. He began to wonder about where you were, since you didn't pick up your work phone. Luckily, he sighed of relief, when he heard your soft tone in the phone.

"Soo Hyuk?"

"Nara?" He breathed out.

"Where are you?" He asked.

I'm in the building, why?" You asked.

"Where in the building exactly?" He asked.

You were in the café and you just paid the barista for your cold smoothie, and you headed back to your office.

You furrowed your brows as you wondered about why Soo Hyuk called you, and asked you of your whereabouts. It was unlike him, he had never done that before.

"I'm at the café, heading back to my office." You replied softly.

"Take off work, and meet me at home in an hour." He replied.

You stopped in your tracks and stared out with your phone pressed against your ear. "What's wrong?" You asked.

You began to get scared for something, because he was short in his sentences and mysterious. He had never acted this way before, and you didn't know how to act, and your heart pounded deeply.

"Has something happened?" You asked in a worried tone.

Soo Hyuk stiffened, when he heard your worried tone, and he rubbed his temple with his free hand, whilst he had the phone against his ear. He took a deep breath, and you heard him breathe into the phone.

"Nothing has happened. Woo Bin and his girlfriend, soon fiancé have invited us out." He explained.

Your eyes widened and you almost dropped your drink, but quickly tightened your grip around your drink. You blinked a couple of times, and your heart began to race of nervousness and anxiousness.

"For what?" You asked silently.

"Dinner and paintball." Soo Hyuk said dryly, and he didn't quite sound amused, and you frowned.

"I'm letting you get off early, so you can go home, shower, and dress prettily." He said.

"I need more than an hour to get ready. It takes almost an hour just getting home." You said quietly, and you couldn't help but to sound stressed out.

Soo Hyuk suddenly laughed in the phone, and you stiffened and stared out, but you could swear that your heart just dropped at the sound of his sweet laughter. It made you feel something, you weren't used to, and you clutched the phone, and breathed deeply.