28. The Unexpected Help

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 28: The Unexpected Help

The samples had finally arrived from Italy and you could create the actual uniforms now. You were in a hurry, because you wanted to see how it would turn out.

You wanted to see the final result. You anticipated it and felt thrilled to finally be able to create the uniform that you had envisioned for Soo Hyuk's resort in Jeju Island.

You began to sew the skirt, which was in the burgundy fabric and your intern and assistant named Hyeon Ju showed up.

She had brought iced-coffee from the café for you, knowing that it was your favorite drink. You hadn't even asked for her to bring you coffee and yet she did.

Your head tilted up from the sewing machine, a smile surfaced on your face, as you met her gaze and you saw the coffee in her hand. You thanked her and she shook her head in return and smiled widely.

Hyeon Ju gazed at you intently and with admiration, as she saw you sew the skirt and make the shape.

It was like seeing your sketch of the skirt come to live and her mouth dropped. You were focused and looked intently and just did your thing.

"Unnie, you are so good at it." She gasped in awe and you chuckled.

Some time passed and the skirt was done, and you put it on the mannequin and stepped back to check the shape and size. Something was missing, and you furrowed your brows and pursed your lips as you pondered.

It lacked some details, it looked too simple, too simple for your liking. You made it form fitted and into a high-waisted skirt, which you were satisfied with.

The shape was fine, but it needed an extra touch, something that made it stand out from other usual uniforms.

Your eyes widened, as you got an idea, and your intern watched you as you took off the skirt from the mannequin. You quickly began to cut on the bottom part. Hyeon Ju's eyes widened and she gasped.

"Nara unnie, what are you doing?" She said in a surprised tone.

You gazed up at her with a grin on your face and with the scissor in your hand. "Trying something out." You replied with a grin and you continued cutting the skirt.

Soo Hyuk stood in front of his long glass windows of his office room, and gazed down on the street, and onto the passing cars.

He sighed deeply and chewed on his bottom lip as his gaze wandered to the passing clouds in the clear blue sky and you crossed his mind suddenly.

He knew that you had received your fabric today as he was notified about it, and he figured that you were busy with the project now.

He narrowed his eyes, and decided to check up on your project. He was the Director after all and could come by whenever he wanted, but mostly he wanted to see what you were doing. He finally took off to your department, knowing you were there working.

Hyeon Ju stood in front of you and gazed at you closely. You sewed the skirt once more and changed the shape.

You gave the skirt an asymmetrical style and you sewed the gold zipper on, on the backside of the skirt. You pulled the skirt up and showed it to Hyeon Ju, who gasped with wide eyes.

"What do you think?" You asked cutely and with a grin on your face.

"Unnie, I could totally wear that." She said and you grinned further and scrunched your face, feeling proud and finally content with the result.