40. The Past: The Model

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 40: The Past: The Model

October 21st, 2013

It was Seoul Fashion week and you were going to watch the fashion show with your best friend Soo Ah. The two of you met up at your house and got ready together.

Your friend stared at you and she noticed how you were struggling with what outfit to wear. She raised a brow at you and giggled.

"Are you nervous to see Soo Hyuk?" She asked so suddenly.

You froze, and hung the dress back, turned around and faced your friend with your mouth ajar. Soo Ah knew you very well, and you couldn't lie nor keep a secret from her.

"No." You gasped, feeling flustered.

She didn't buy that lie. She could tell how you were trying hard to find a good outfit. She knew that you wanted to look good today, because that someone named Lee Soo Hyuk was one of the models for the fashion show by Steve J & Yoni P.

She rolled her eyes and continued with her teasing. "He's going to walk on the runway today, aren't you looking forward to seeing him?" She asked, and you let out a nervous giggle, and shook your head.

"C'mon Nara. I know you still secretly crush on him." She grinned further, and your cheeks heated up.

It had been a long time since you last saw Soo Hyuk, probably months. You sighed deeply. You had outgrown from the crush you had on him a few years back, but you still got giddy when thinking about him.

Your friend furrowed her brows, as she noticed you space out and ignore her question.

Is Soo Ah right? Do I still crush on Soo Hyuk? You wondered, because your heart pounded at the mere thought of seeing him today.

"Nara, yohoo." She pipped out and wavered her hand in front of you, to bring you back down to the planet earth, seen as your thoughts had drifted far away.

You stared into her eyes with wide eyes, and you gasped. "Huh?" You looked bewildered, and she shook her head.

"Never mind." She sighed deeply and went back to putting on makeup.

"I shouldn't be crushing on him, when he probably has a girlfriend." You began and Soo Ah sighed dramatically.

"Who? Min Hee? They broke up long ago." She replied, and you scrunched your nose.

"And must I remind you that you still liked him back then." She continued and you kicked your clothes off the bed and groaned.

"Don't remind me, and it was just a silly crush." You fired back.

You had been crushing on Soo Hyuk for as long as you could remember, and you had seen him date different women and replace them out.

He probably had a new girlfriend, whom the media hasn't heard of yet. Soo Ah rolled her eyes and sighed deeply.

"I let go on that crush on him. It was a childish crush." You began in a clear tone.

"Whatever." Soo Ah sighed.

You sighed once more and rolled your eyes. You left the room to wash your face and as you walked down to the bathroom, you thought once more whether you still had a crush on him.

Your heart raced at the mere thought about seeing him today. You sighed deeply and groaned at the uncanny feeling that crept inside you. This feeling could be so annoying.