65. The Questions

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 65: The Questions

"Mom." You shouted from the kitchen with a panicked tone, and you heard her footsteps, rushing into the place.

"The soup." You warned the moment she looked at you with wide eyes.

"Oh." She piped out and ushered to the stove and began to stir the soup.

You smiled, laughing at her reaction as you went to set the dining table. It would be Soo Hyuk's first time coming at your house for dinner.

It sounded odd, right? Because you had been engaged for a while before getting married, and throughout your engagement period, Soo Hyuk hadn't visited your house. He was coming with his parents and Wonho today.

Your heart raced a bit faster than usual, and you felt like the butterflies in your stomach had come to life. You felt giddy, excited and yet anxious.

It felt odd to think about how he had been so cold during your engagement and the beginning of your marriage. And the fact that he had never really had a proper meal with you until you got married.

However, things had changed so much since, and you liked the present much more than the past. You seemed to be getting closer slowly, and something about that made you smile to yourself.

"Nara?"

You tipped your head to the side, when your mother placed her hand on your shoulder, making you meet her gaze and snap out of your reverie.

"Everything is set now. Go and get ready, dear." She said in a soft tone with a motherly-warm gaze, and you nodded.

You gave her cheek a soft smooch, making her giggle softly. "I love you." She cooed, when you ran off to get dressed.

"I love you too, mom." You exclaimed in return, making her shake her head and laugh.

You ushered to your room and opened your closet to your dresses. You still had a lot of your old clothes laying around that you hadn't used much.

You chewed on your bottom lip as you pondered about what to wear. You hummed along to a song and searched for a dress. You wanted to wear red today.

Then your eyes lit up, when they fell upon a short red dress that had a chiffon skirt and lace flower embraided top. You decided to wear that along with black high heels.

You didn't need to do much of your makeup as you already wore some, you just needed to retouch it a bit.

You stood in front of your makeup table and glanced at the line of lipsticks. You picked up a red matte lipstick from M.A.C that was named 'Studded Kiss'. It was a burning red color, quite daring.

You kept your hair up in a high ponytail and a few loose hair strands fell down your sides. You applied a fragrance that smelled of jasmine, florals, and it had a sensual scent. It was 'Chance' by Channel.

You made a small nod at your reflection of approval, and you stepped out of your old room. You ran down the stairs, hurrying to your parents.

You were met with the warmest, loving, and brightest smile in the world. The thin lines formed under his eyes whenever he smiled. His eyes lit up, his smile reached to his eyes, making your heart feel so light.

He stood in front of the stairs, waiting for you, and you felt like the five-year-old you, whenever he came home from work and you had waited for him. You had missed him.