91. You Make The Pain Go Away

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 91: You Make The Pain Go Away

Soo Hyuk had left the room, and you were dressed in your nightgown that reached to your thighs. You had no time to get changed out of your dress. You threw a glance towards your kitten that was sleeping. Then you left the room.

Soo Hyuk had something to tell you, and you didn't know what it was, but whatever it was, it couldn't wait. You saw it in his eyes, the look he gave you that made your heart clench. You had to hurry.

You grabbed your coat from the rack, pulled it over your dress and slipped into your sneakers that laid at the entrance.

You ran down the stairs in the dark hall. The front door was left open by him and the light from the moon entered the corridor.

Once you stepped out to the lawn, you locked the front door and headed to Soo Hyuk, who was on his way to his car, that he hadn't parked in the garage.

Which meant he had intended go out, all along. He had planned to tell you it tonight, perhaps. But you didn't know.

Your heart was thudding against your chest, racing erratically, and you had some speculations as to what it may be, but you didn't want to delve into that, as you really don't know what he must tell you.

All that you know is that whatever he must tell you, you must stay beside him, on his side, not change your mind about him, neither have a change of heart although the latter is impossible.

But you know that whatever it may be, you won't ever change what you feel for him. You are already far deep in that endless pit that you can't be brought up to the surface again, ever.

All you can do is stick by him, show him that you are there for him, and he can use you. It was still odd, not knowing what you were about to go into, what may come out of it.

Whatever he had to tell you, you had to be prepared for it. It was something he had wanted to tell you for months but hadn't. He refrained each time and pushed it back.

You had waited for him to be ready for this, and was he finally ready? You didn't know that yet. You had to see that.

Soo Hyuk was quiet as you made it to his car. You didn't say anything to him. You thought it was for the better to stay quiet until he was ready to speak up and share.

You didn't even ask where he was taking you. He turned on the ignition and sped off. You looked at the town, the passing streets, trees, and houses. There was no one out in the neighborhood.

Then you came further away from your neighborhood. Now you could tell that you were headed to central Seoul.

Out here, there was some life. Some people were still out, and it was mostly the clubs that were open. It must be quite late. But you didn't know what time it was.

It was pitch dark outside and the moon's rays cascaded over the dark skies, shining its light upon the skyscrapers of the living city Soul. But you were clearly headed somewhere further away from the central.

The drive took a while, but you remained quiet. Soo Hyuk hadn't uttered a word since you left the house.

Frankly, you were anxious. You had no idea about what he wanted to tell you. It felt like something big. His silence made you only wonder even more.

He didn't even glance your way, not even when you stole glances at him, occasionally. His eyes were on the dark road in front of him.

His hands firmly gripped the steering wheel. His face was hard like granite. But his eyes seemed lost. He felt distant, lost in his mind.