64. The Rings

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 64: The Rings

After few hours of working with the costumes along with your intern Hyeon Ju, you had finally gone home.

You took a proper and long shower. Then got dressed into something simple. You sat down on the couch in the living room and contemplated about what to do. It was only seven pm. You felt refreshed and quite calm.

You leaned against the couch, and switched through the channels, and decided to watch a drama. Time went by, and you just got bored. You sighed deeply and stretched your arms.

Truthfully, you just wished you could spend some time with Soo Hyuk, although you had seen him at the office hours ago. It could be nice to just relax with him sometimes, you thought, and pursed your lips.

Your phone laid on your side, and you stared at the dark screen, wondering about whether you should text him, and ask him about when he would be home.

You groaned and picked your phone. You typed a message and sent it off to him before the thoughts in the back of your mind convinced you not to.

"Where are you? do you have time to eat dinner outside?"

You placed your phone down and gazed back on the tv. You didn't expect a reply to come so quick, as he usually replied later, because he was busy.

However, your phone buzzed seconds after you had sent the message. Your eyes flickered down to your phone.

You quickly unlocked your screen to read his reply. Your eyes widened as you stared on the text and you felt confused.

Hubby: Come down to the yard ; ) xxx

"What is he saying?" You muttered as you stared closely at the message and you read it a couple of times.

He actually sent you an emoji. You looked at it for a moment and the corner of your lip curved up. You couldn't help but to giggle.

Soo Hyuk had his own style of messaging. You stood up from the couch, feeling excited. You quickly put your sneakers on and ushered down the stairs.

Could he possibly be outside? You wondered and felt the excitement form inside you.

As soon as you stepped out of the house, you saw Soo Hyuk. He was really there. You froze, staring at him.

His car was parked in front of you, and he leaned against the door to his car. He stared up at the clear blue sky.

His eyes were closed, and he seemed to be enjoying the sunlight. You stared at him in awe. He was truly otherworldly.

He looked like some Greek statue, but then he tipped his head to the side, making you snap out of your little reverie. You really hadn't expected him to be home this early.

You pulled yourself together, and looked the other way for a quick second, but averted your eyes back to his.

Finally, he met your gaze. He gave you one of his lopsided smiles that made your insides turn. For a moment, you solely stared at him, and he grinned, when he caught onto your surprised look.

Suddenly, he shook his head lightly, tipped his head back and laughed a bit harder. You could have sworn you felt something squeeze your heart, and you tensed up.

You hadn't seen that smile on his face before. He kept smiling, making your heart race a bit faster, and you smiled in return.

"You are home early" You said in a surprised tone, and the corner of his lip curved upwards.