31. Red Wine and Small Talk

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 31: Red Wine and Small Talk

A long day at work had finally come to an end. You were dropped off by Mr. Park Byung Chul, who is Soo Hyuk's personal chauffeur, and now yours.

From time to time, you would use your own chauffeur, but you liked taking your own car to work as well.

You had come to grow fond of Mr. Park, he was quite a warm old man, and he always smiled, when he picked you up.

Mr. Park drove off, and waved to you before driving out of the lane. You gazed up at the house, and noticed that the lights were on, which of course meant that your husband was home.

You gulped, and quickly brushed your slender fingers through your locks, setting them back in place. You pulled out your little mirror from your bag, and gazed at your reflection. Your makeup was still fine.

You furrowed your brows, sucked your teeth to make sure you didn't have any lipstick stuck on them. You puffed your cheeks out and sighed deeply.

What am I doing right now? You shook your head and gathered yourself.

You hadn't seen Soo Hyuk at the company as the pair of you were delved into your own work, at your separate departments. You really wanted to see his face.

You hurried up the stairs and walked down the long hall, leading to the direction of the open living room and kitchen area. You scrunched your face as the scent of food filled your nostrils, and you furrowed your brows.

Is Soo Hyuk possibly cooking? That's can't be. You shook you head. That couldn't be, as you had yet to see him eat dinner at his own house. He had never cooked at home, as far as you knew.

You walked into the area, the scent became stronger as you got closer, and it smelled wonderfully good. You felt hungry now, and glanced at the kitchen, but the place was vacant. You could see the food that was cooking on the stove.

You narrowed your eyes as you wondered about where he was, and you placed your bag on one of the dining chairs. You tilted your head from side to side as you examined the place, searching for Soo Hyuk.

Where in the world is he?

You let out a squeal of surprise, and jumped, when a lady dressed in a blue dress with a white apron on, suddenly appeared in front of you. She quickly bowed and apologized for startling you, and you shook your head. Her voice was light and tender.

"I'm Baek Young Hee. I'm glad to finally meet the young Mrs. Lee. I'm your husband's personal chef." She said and bowed once more.

You bowed to the older woman. She had short curly hair, which was tied up in a bun, and she had some loose hair strands sticking out. She had a round face, and cheeks, and small lips and nose. She looked really cute.

She must be in her fifties, and you were surprised to see that she didn't have a single strand of gray hair on her head. She was short and wore black ballerinas. Her dress was blue with white stripes.

She looked motherly. You smiled to the older lady, and then you looked around you, still searching for your husband.

The old lady, who was Soo Hyuk's chef gazed down on the floor and smiled, knowing your eyes searched for your husband. She looked back at you and spoke up.

"Your husband should be in the room, getting dressed and ready for dinner." She smiled happily, and you nodded, still feeling weird around her, as you didn't know her.