59. Deal Or Promise

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 59: Deal Or Promise

Just as you had hoped and expected, the place was still the same. The owner hadn't changed the place at all.

Soo Hyuk was right beside you, and your eyes flickered up to him. He didn't seem to know where you were going.

He walked so casually, looking enticing and attractive with his dark suit out, without even trying. Your eyes stayed on him for a second too long, before you averted your gaze back to the restaurant that you approached.

The corner of your lip twitched, and you bit on your bottom lip to prevent from grinning. You couldn't believe that the place was still here, and who you were with this time.

Your steps somehow increased in speed, and you walked faster. Soo Hyuk was right behind you. You could hear him running up to you.

"Wait for me." He chuckled.

"Sorry, I got a bit excited." You laughed as you slowed down, but you felt your cheeks heat up a bit.

He gazed into your eyes and shook his head. He finally walked next to you, and you wondered whether he remembered this place or not.

Your eyes flickered back to the welcoming place, and you pursed your lips, smiling. You wondered about how much of that night he remembered.

Did he remember when that guy from your school tried to harass you? and when Sung Joon stood up for you? you furrowed your brows. You recalled that he wasn't there, when you left the place that night.

The front of the restaurant was made glass windows and through the windows came the warm light from the restaurant, and it lit up the street outside.

You finally smiled upon seeing the familiar warm colors and light from that place. It gave off a warm and welcoming feeling.

"I didn't think you would come here again." He said once his eyes fell upon the restaurant that you were looking at, and you glanced up at him.

Soo Hyuk's eyes were slightly narrowed, and he gazed deeply into your eyes. He remembered this place after all. Of course, he did. He told you earlier that he overheard your friends mocking you back then.

"Why not?" You asked, and he shrugged.

"I like the owner." You explained with a smile, which he returned, and you felt your heart skip a beat.

Soo Hyuk opened the door to the Korean barbeque restaurant, and the pair of you entered the place.

There were quite a lot of people, but it was also late and the time of the day, where people went out for glasses of soju.

You were met with the familiar calmness, cozy vibes, the warmth, and the slow music that filled the place. You inhaled the scent of delicious food and smiled even more.

There were people of different ages- young and old customers, who were all seated at the round tables made of golden oak and stools made of the same wood as the tables.

One part of the wall was made of black bricks, the other was concrete that was colored over in beige. The light above you shone, in a bright and warm golden color.

They were grilling meat, drinking soju, having a nice chat and laugh. It was a nice sound, and not the loud disturbing noise.

This place was quiet and far from the busy night life of Seoul. You liked this place, because it seemed more secluded, and the vibe was nice. Besides, a lot of nice people came here.